Author Topic: CTC - change to membership charity  (Read 117996 times)

Re: CTC - change to membership charity
« Reply #750 on: 24 September, 2010, 06:29:39 pm »
Will the accommodation be up to Commonwealth Games standard?

[Veering OT]
It appears to me that the Commonwealth Games accommodation was built to a good spec then sabotaged by jealous resentful locals who had a grudge against Rich Visitors.
Tourists in Weymouth are generally no richer than the locals so won't be resented.
[OT]

I'd imagine accommodation would be fine, if pricy.

Accomodation is cheap and plentiful in Weymouth.  We had our last NOBS cycling weekend there.

If you feel the need to get absolutely blasted, then I recommend the 'Orange Cider Bar'.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #751 on: 24 September, 2010, 06:40:20 pm »
You two are lizard plants, aren't you?  I see it all now:  the CTC motion "to discourage all cyclists from ever cycling and to sanction an annuity to SafeSpeed" will be held at a remote Scottish village, won't it.
Bottom of Dorset.
Aw, shucks Kevin David, we've been rumbled right enough. I know, let's hold the meeting in the arse-end of Dorset instead.  :P
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #752 on: 24 September, 2010, 07:00:29 pm »
You two are lizard plants, aren't you?  I see it all now:  the CTC motion "to discourage all cyclists from ever cycling and to sanction an annuity to SafeSpeed" will be held at a remote Scottish village, won't it.
Bottom of Dorset.
Aw, shucks Kevin David, we've been rumbled right enough. I know, let's hold the meeting in the arse-end of Dorset instead.  :P

Wasn't Windy offering the Lewis International Conference Centre for the next one?

Actually, the highlands would be ideal. One train ride from London, cheap accommodation, quiet scenic roads, great cuisine.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #753 on: 24 September, 2010, 07:17:29 pm »
I'm all for a CTC AGM in Scotland, actually.  My one brief ride through Scotland wasn't nearly long enough.  If it was up there I'd possibly stay a week and get some exploring in.  :)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #754 on: 25 September, 2010, 10:53:17 am »
I'm actually quite happy that the next AGM will be in Weymouth.  Personally I think that the AGMs should be held in different parts of the country each year.  

For those from Oop Naarth who complain about the travelling - it's just as awkward for many of those from Dahn Sarf to get Oop Naarth as it is for you to get Dahn Sarf.

I would like to see Council meetings moving round the country as well.  At the moment meetings are either London or Manchester.  I've suggested Newcastle, or Edinburgh, or Cardiff... but certain folks suggest that it would be 'too costly' - and some councillors have complained they'd have to travel a bit further.

FFS!  Council isn't extravagant and the expenses of councillors are very low compared to similar organisations.  I don't think members would begrudge the cost of having council meetings around the country if it gave them the chance of attending the meetings more easily - and it would help hold Council to account.

And as for those councillors who whinge about travelling...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #755 on: 25 September, 2010, 10:58:39 am »

And as for those councillors who whinge about travelling...

Maybe they should get a bike!!  :D
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

« Reply #756 on: 25 September, 2010, 02:24:54 pm »
Ah, an opportunity to grumble about bikes/trikes etc on trains  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #757 on: 25 September, 2010, 02:33:16 pm »
Ah, an opportunity to grumble about bikes/trikes etc on trains  ;D

Gonna need a bigger guards van?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #758 on: 25 September, 2010, 08:42:51 pm »
If the guards van were big enough you could hold Council in the guards van and then, when you got there, there'd be time for a bike ride...

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #759 on: 25 September, 2010, 08:47:08 pm »
Wasn't Windy offering the Lewis International Conference Centre for the next one?
Is that next to the Lewis International Sports Stadium?

Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #760 on: 26 September, 2010, 06:28:12 am »
Bottom of Dorset.

It's all a massive conspiracy, you know.  The Men In Suits, none of whom have ever been seen on a bicycle, have held a number of closed-door seekrit meetings, where they wear sunglasses in a menacing manner and discuss how best to annoy Regulator destroy the entire cycling infrastructure.  All of them are lizard men and they came straight to earth from the chem trails in the sky.  They chose Weymouth as the most inaccessible place to continue with their plans of Seekrit Destruktion, knowing that few CTC members will be able to take time out from their busy cityboy lives to pootle down to one of the most beautiful places in England for a weekend's AGM and laney pleasant rides.  

Yet their seekriteevil plans have again been discovered by the wit and might of YAPF.  A place as inaccessible as Weymouth, a whole 2 hours 38 minutes from the hidden backwaters of London Waterloo by train, 3 hours from the little-known village of Paddington, or 3 hours 25 from Newport, sticks out like a sore thumb when we take into account that previous AGMs have been held in central venues such as Belfast, a mere 24 hour journey from the capital, Chester and Cardiff.

Rumbled!

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

All I'd said was, that it wasn't quite as accessible as this year's AGM.  I thought Loughborough was a fairly central location with good transport connections.  Weymouth doesn't quite fit into that category.  Although it does have a beach.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #761 on: 26 September, 2010, 08:24:20 am »

Ah, if that was chained to lampost in Cardiff it would be a  Leisure Centre  ;D

Rob

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #762 on: 26 September, 2010, 11:45:39 am »
Bottom of Dorset.

It's all a massive conspiracy, you know.  The Men In Suits, none of whom have ever been seen on a bicycle, have held a number of closed-door seekrit meetings, where they wear sunglasses in a menacing manner and discuss how best to annoy Regulator destroy the entire cycling infrastructure.  All of them are lizard men and they came straight to earth from the chem trails in the sky.  They chose Weymouth as the most inaccessible place to continue with their plans of Seekrit Destruktion, knowing that few CTC members will be able to take time out from their busy cityboy lives to pootle down to one of the most beautiful places in England for a weekend's AGM and laney pleasant rides. 

Yet their seekriteevil plans have again been discovered by the wit and might of YAPF.  A place as inaccessible as Weymouth, a whole 2 hours 38 minutes from the hidden backwaters of London Waterloo by train, 3 hours from the little-known village of Paddington, or 3 hours 25 from Newport, sticks out like a sore thumb when we take into account that previous AGMs have been held in central venues such as Belfast, a mere 24 hour journey from the capital, Chester and Cardiff.

Rumbled!

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

All I'd said was, that it wasn't quite as accessible as this year's AGM.  I thought Loughborough was a fairly central location with good transport connections.  Weymouth doesn't quite fit into that category.  Although it does have a beach.

I know that's all you said, and you got the full head of steam which is more properly attributed elsewhere.  I'm just heartily sick of the constant sniping at the CTC.  Just because the council have come up with an unpopular motion doesn't mean it's all a conspiracy.  Kevin Mayne can't blow his nose at the moment without some swivel-eyed loon suggesting that he's initiating germ warfare.

« Reply #763 on: 26 September, 2010, 11:49:10 am »

Kevin Mayne **************************************************************************************** initiating germ warfare.

I knew it. Is he acting as an agent for the Iranians?

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #764 on: 26 September, 2010, 11:59:57 am »
I heard it was the Russians, but he could be a double-agent.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #765 on: 26 September, 2010, 12:01:26 pm »

I know that's all you said, and you got the full head of steam which is more properly attributed elsewhere.  I'm just heartily sick of the constant sniping at the CTC.  Just because the council have come up with an unpopular motion doesn't mean it's all a conspiracy.  Kevin Mayne can't blow his nose at the moment without some swivel-eyed loon suggesting that he's initiating germ warfare.

No worries.  ;)

Although I'll disagree with Reg and say I think the CTC should stick with one location for an AGM.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #766 on: 26 September, 2010, 12:03:51 pm »

Ah, if that was chained to lampost in Cardiff it would be a  Leisure Centre  ;D

Rob

Lest we forget..

Login

« Reply #767 on: 26 September, 2010, 12:10:01 pm »

robbo6

« Reply #768 on: 26 September, 2010, 01:08:39 pm »

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #769 on: 26 September, 2010, 06:17:52 pm »
Especially for Londoners

Reports that the suspect took photographs of the animals before the attacks are also being investigated.

Hardcore pr0n!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #770 on: 30 November, 2010, 03:23:03 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGEz31RA4es&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/tGEz31RA4es&rel=1</a>