Author Topic: On the commute today  (Read 1469456 times)

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
Re: On the commute today
« Reply #20950 on: January 15, 2020, 12:17:19 pm »
Last night I met another cyclist* on the cycle path with lights so bright and badly aligned I had to stop to clear the artifacts from my damaged retinas.

Can I use the stalking power of strava flyby to suggest to Simpy Snowflake that their balance between lights to see, and not being a dick, is perhaps not correct?

*I assume it was a cyclist, the pattern of lights suggested Provis jacket, head torch and 3 headlights, and their strava profile picture looks a lot like a bloke on a bike.

I encountered one before Christmas, three super-bright lights, one on flash, all face-on so nothing approaching could see anything.

And if you managed to dodge those, he had another on top of his helmet.

Some people are just destined to be dicks.
!nataS pihsroW

« Reply #20951 on: January 15, 2020, 12:57:55 pm »
Can I use the stalking power of strava flyby to suggest to Simpy Snowflake that their balance between lights to see, and not being a dick, is perhaps not correct?

Yes.   Very much so in fact.

RobertW

• Robert
« Reply #20952 on: January 15, 2020, 08:38:43 pm »
Van driver going the other way this morning said 'I would want to cycle down there' and he was right but given the detour would be at least 5 miles a deeper than expected flood (up to BB deep) was worth going through.  The worst I have experienced in 10+ years.

bludger

• Randonneur and bargain hunter
« Reply #20953 on: January 15, 2020, 10:20:30 pm »
Went to a leaving do and stopped at my 2/3s home pizza café joint and found a guy who'd just finished his shift had a rear flat. Fixed it for him and swapped a good tube of mine for his flat one. He talked to his colleague and I got a free calzone. Score!
YACF touring/audax bargain basement:
https://bit.ly/2Xg8pRD

fd3

« Reply #20954 on: Yesterday at 01:22:11 pm »
Calzone for innertube scandal!
[/I could be wrong]