Linked Events

• York Cycle Show: 20 June, 2008 - 22 June, 2008

Author Topic: York Cycle Show  (Read 6324 times)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
Re: York Cycle Show
« Reply #25 on: 04 June, 2008, 04:11:54 pm »
Perhaps someone may put up an A4 sheet on the notice board inside the reception marquee with your names & pitch numbers so that we know who to hassle  ;D if Marj's knee is up to it.
Good idea Alan, that way you will know where to deliver the cake to.  ;D

alan

« Reply #26 on: 04 June, 2008, 04:16:18 pm »
Perhaps someone may put up an A4 sheet on the notice board inside the reception marquee with your names & pitch numbers so that we know who to hassle  ;D if Marj's knee is up to it.

Given that you already know that Marj will not be baking for the Rally this year do you really wish to sample the endeavours of the stand-in chef chez Alan's ;)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #27 on: 04 June, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

Given that you already know that Marj will not be baking for the Rally this year do you really wish to sample the endeavours of the stand-in chef chez Alan's ;)

Tch!  It's only her knee that's out of order.

Women these day's.... I dunno.  Time was that a woman in int he throes of labour would still ensure she had the hubby's tea on the table when he got home...

:P
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: 05 June, 2008, 09:20:03 pm »
  I haven't booked a pitch, as when travelling sans famille I seem to revert to 'something will turn up' mode (even if its just a nice field/wood.) The germ of a plan is hatching, to ride up Friday night and return on Sunday afternoon/evening, but not to turn this into a York Arrow!!

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #29 on: 05 June, 2008, 09:32:44 pm »
LW 22 with the Fell Clubbers. Silver Koga Miyata and a Hilleberg Nallo 2 tent.
LOUD snoring at night will obviously make Richforrest a nervous wreck and unable to ride ever again.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #30 on: 19 June, 2008, 08:30:07 am »
Was too late sending in my booking to get a LW pitch  :-[, but as train is booked I'll turn up and get one on the Friday. 

Curry on the Fri and/or Sat night sounds good.  I'm the fat,  :-[ bald,  :'( person on a Dawes Galaxy (c/w Barley and Solidlights 8) and red Ortlieb panniers) in a green Hilleberg Nallo 3GT.

What rides are folk doing?

Either the short family ride or a raid on Jorvik/railway museum/similar kid friendly tourist attraction.

And the AM velovisionaries ride on Sat evening.

..d
We're planning to do the velovisionaries ride on Saturday and might be up for some Child friendly outing in the day. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #31 on: 19 June, 2008, 10:51:04 am »
I've been told that one daughter is demanding to go on the ride to the pub. Rest of family may be joining us in the Ship later.

Lookout for this lout in the catering tent:

Fullsize version here:
http://www.cliftoncc.org/PICS/ComeTryIt08/DSC_9009.JPG

Don't forget to tell him not to wear earphones whilst riding on the road, not even in a TT (I'd love it if several hundred strangers went up to him and told him this) ;D.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #32 on: 19 June, 2008, 07:45:59 pm »
I've been told that one daughter is demanding to go on the ride to the pub. Rest of family may be joining us in the Ship later.

Lookout for this lout in the catering tent:

Fullsize version here:
http://www.cliftoncc.org/PICS/ComeTryIt08/DSC_9009.JPG

Don't forget to tell him not to wear earphones whilst riding on the road, not even in a TT (I'd love it if several hundred strangers went up to him and told him this) ;D.

Wearing headphones on a TT is against the rules (not sure about RTTC, definitely for BC) so should be a DQ. (Then again, the spirit rather than the letter of the rules is applied locally..)

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #33 on: 19 June, 2008, 08:36:36 pm »
The Torslanda family are hoping to attend. Sadly without bicycles (but we may have a Redshift)

luv'n'stuff

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #34 on: 20 June, 2008, 01:31:24 am »
The Torslanda family are hoping to attend. Sadly without bicycles (but we may have a Redshift)

luv'n'stuff

J
Cool. :thumbsup: :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #35 on: 21 June, 2008, 11:19:20 pm »
Managed to meet up (very briefly) with:
David
Rich (who was totally eyeball-wide-awake-exhausted, having not slept from 7 am on Fri and ridden up from Milton Keynes)
Butterfly
Clarion
Regulator
MSeries
SuperStoker

Miserable wet weather. Lots of bargain clothing for sale; 2 pairs of chamois leather shorts for £3.
<i>Marmite slave</i>