Linked Events

• York Cycle Show: 20 June, 2008 - 22 June, 2008

Author Topic: York Cycle Show  (Read 6638 times)

York Cycle Show
« on: 20 May, 2008, 12:13:45 pm »
Annual CTC organised York Cycle Show.

List of who's going please.

Added to calendar.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Re: York Cycle Show
« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2008, 08:34:53 pm »
I', booked in on lightweight (Hah!!!!!!) pitch 22.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #2 on: 20 May, 2008, 09:29:19 pm »
I+2 on LW16
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #3 on: 20 May, 2008, 10:00:27 pm »
LW83, red Hewitt, green Pro Action 1 tent

Arriving Friday afternoon, leaving Sunday afternoon

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #4 on: 21 May, 2008, 04:35:18 am »
LW21, not sure which tent or bag I'm taking yet.

Rich.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #5 on: 21 May, 2008, 05:59:36 am »
LW pitch 56.  Arriving mid afternoon Friday - departing lunchtime Monday.

Not sure which tent I'm bringing.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #6 on: 31 May, 2008, 10:39:05 pm »
ANyone got any plans for rides on the Saturday ? I'll up for something not too quick, not too difficult, sociable and lasting most of the day.  I can organise a route if there is interest or we could do one of the organised rides with the trundlies.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #7 on: 31 May, 2008, 10:47:35 pm »
We're mooching around the show saturday, with a view to the pub ride to Acaster Malbis in the evening :)
Getting there...

« Reply #8 on: 31 May, 2008, 10:49:01 pm »
The Ship at AM is a defo. on Saturday evening.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #9 on: 31 May, 2008, 10:52:08 pm »
I'll be leaving MK sometime middayish Friday so will be late arriving. Planning to help out on the BHPC stand on Sat', though the beer sounds good in the evening  :thumbsup:

Rich.

David Martin

« Reply #10 on: 31 May, 2008, 11:09:02 pm »
ANyone got any plans for rides on the Saturday ? I'll up for something not too quick, not too difficult, sociable and lasting most of the day.  I can organise a route if there is interest or we could do one of the organised rides with the trundlies.

I'll have my 10 and 11 yo with me, both on MTB with knobblies so a short but scenic ride in the afternoon would be nice, and the obligatory pootle to the Ship at AM.

Anyone want to go somewhere for munchies before the ship?

..d

« Reply #11 on: 31 May, 2008, 11:11:05 pm »

I'll have my 10 and 11 yo with me, both on MTB with knobblies so a short but scenic ride in the afternoon would be nice, and the obligatory pootle to the Ship at AM.

..d

Yes. Will the chillun do vindaloo ? :)

Becky

« Reply #12 on: 01 June, 2008, 10:17:48 am »
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, but staying overnight a few miles out of York.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: 01 June, 2008, 10:31:02 am »
I have now sorted our return route from St. Annes to the rally and back. We have the luxury of two days either side of the weekend so we are going to make a short tour of it. We will be leaving late afternoon Wednesday and camping at Longridge near Preston. Thursday will be Clitheroe, Skipton and then a campsite near Silsden. Friday, Saturday at the rally and then we will leave Sunday PM and camp near Knaresborough Sunday night. Then for the big day, across the dales to the final camp at Austwick. I'm really looking forward to this, I have always fancied doing York as part of a tour. See you all in three weeks.

Oh yes, Ship at Acaster Malbis sounds like a great idea for Saturday.

« Reply #14 on: 01 June, 2008, 10:35:04 am »
I intend to be there.

David Martin

« Reply #15 on: 01 June, 2008, 01:28:45 pm »

..d

Yes. Will the chillun do vindaloo ? :)

They'll do a mild curry.

..d

« Reply #16 on: 02 June, 2008, 03:24:48 pm »
Was too late sending in my booking to get a LW pitch  :-[, but as train is booked I'll turn up and get one on the Friday. 

Curry on the Fri and/or Sat night sounds good.  I'm the fat,  :-[ bald,  :'( person on a Dawes Galaxy (c/w Barley and Solidlights 8) and red Ortlieb panniers) in a green Hilleberg Nallo 3GT.

What rides are folk doing?

David Martin

« Reply #17 on: 02 June, 2008, 06:31:11 pm »
Was too late sending in my booking to get a LW pitch  :-[, but as train is booked I'll turn up and get one on the Friday. 

Curry on the Fri and/or Sat night sounds good.  I'm the fat,  :-[ bald,  :'( person on a Dawes Galaxy (c/w Barley and Solidlights 8) and red Ortlieb panniers) in a green Hilleberg Nallo 3GT.

What rides are folk doing?

Either the short family ride or a raid on Jorvik/railway museum/similar kid friendly tourist attraction.

And the AM velovisionaries ride on Sat evening.

..d

« Reply #18 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:37:00 am »
I'm getting quite excited now - afternoon booked off, train tickets and bike reservations arrived, pitch booked. :D Hurrah!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #19 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:40:42 am »
Me too. This weekend we plan to dig out all the camping gear and check it over. Gill bought little bottles of shampoo and conditioner last week and got quite excited about it.  ;D Or should that be  ::-)

« Reply #20 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:46:33 am »
I won't be camping, but defn will visit this year, and would love to come on a ride with some forumites.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #21 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:50:15 am »
We are all, well some of us are saying we want to ride with others. We need to get our act together and decide if we are going to do one of the organised ones or do our own thing. I am not doing the  audaxes, too hilly for me at the moment. I'll be prepared to plan a route if no one else wants to though there are people who will know the areas better than I do.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #22 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:52:56 am »
I quite like the social aspect of YACFrs joining an organised ride. A good opportunity to fly the forum flag I would have thought. Doing our own things feels a bit cliquey.

« Reply #23 on: 04 June, 2008, 10:59:49 am »
I shall not be flying yacf flag and I wouldn't want to be part of any yacf clique. If I organise a ride it'll be open to anyone. yacf is just a communication medium for me.

alan

« Reply #24 on: 04 June, 2008, 04:10:29 pm »
Perhaps someone may put up an A4 sheet on the notice board inside the reception marquee with your names & pitch numbers so that we know who to hassle  ;D if Marj's knee is up to it.