Author Topic: What have you done on the plot today?  (Read 131014 times)

Re: What have you done on the plot today?
« Reply #1200 on: June 26, 2020, 12:09:54 pm »
Should probably be in wows tribute it's raining page but this morning I did nothing on the plot or in the garden. Woke to glorious rain so got an extra 45 minutes at home rather then a quick breakfast and going to plot.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1201 on: June 29, 2020, 03:52:35 pm »
Tied in all the outdoor tomatoes and removed some of the sideshoots.  Planted out the last of the cucumbers.  Cropping the lettuce quite well now, strawberries also producing.  Courgettes will not be far behind.

Also took arrival of my new Niwaki Japanese right-handed weeding hoe, 'tis a thing of beauty indeed.

“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #1202 on: Yesterday at 07:35:06 pm »
blackcurrants today, about a pound so far and half a bush left.  Gooseberries almost ready.  The blackbirds have found a way into the net
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #1203 on: Yesterday at 10:47:28 pm »
So far we’ve had new potatoes, lettuce and strawberries. Mostly consumed fresh.
Garlic was disappointing,not sure if it was the dry weather or heavy soil.

Today the first gooseberries, which had turned a nice shade of purple, were turned into jam.
Peas also going in the freezer, along with some broccoli. Plants still in situ so will get some secondary florets.

Plot is almost full but I’ve still got some savoy and winter broccoli plug plants on the way from Sutton’s.
Hoping that the first peas will be cleared leaving room to plant those.

I did have a cracking row of shallots ( first time that I have grown from sets). Unfortunately,my neighbour was a bit free with the glyphosate and wiped them out. The next row of onion sets,just inches away were untouched.