Author Topic: Ten Thames Bridges - 18th April  (Read 1450 times)

Ten Thames Bridges - 18th April
« on: 15 March, 2010, 10:27:11 pm »
Does anyone have a .gpx file of the route, or know where I can get one? I'm thinking of doing it. Anyone got an opinion on the route, & is anyone else lazy enough for a 100 that day?

Minor domestic trouble. We've discovered a clash: Mrs B is leading a CTC ride that day.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: Ten Thames Bridges - 18th April
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2010, 11:00:29 pm »
Hmmm, a new route for me. I might make this my first official outing of 2010...

Edit: Found this on Bikely by Jellied

« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2010, 11:40:29 pm »
Yes, I just found that. I'm a little unsure, because it's about 6 km shorter than the Audax UK entry gives as the length, but at least it's a good basis, even if it needs tweaking.

I'd been unable to get into Bikely for a while. Probably it was overloaded.

Aha - incoming PM from Jellied, here on YACF.  :thumbsup:

Hmm. With that route, I could pop home for a cuppa without losing very much time. But I think it'll be a pint in one of the several decent pubs on the route.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2010, 10:58:19 am »
Ben shared a London based 100km Audax route here:
GPX: http://www.benlovejoy.com/cycle/tripreports/londonaudax/londonaudax.gpx
GDB: http://www.benlovejoy.com/cycle/tripreports/londonaudax/londonaudax.gdb

I think it might be the sightseer though.

Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #4 on: 16 March, 2010, 01:22:11 pm »
Gosh - I had forgotten I had posted that on Bikely.

I'm pretty sure that's the GPX I got hold from somewhere else and the actual route of the day was slightly different. I do have the actual track from my Garmin on Memory map from 2009 if you would like that as well.

My first and only Audax so I can't really comment on the route/scenery etc, but well organised and  fine taster for the future if one was so inclined.
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #5 on: 16 March, 2010, 06:53:22 pm »
I'm tempted to do this as a sort of tentative return to Audax. Probably do it on fixed.

« Reply #6 on: 17 March, 2010, 12:25:38 am »
Doh! The bloke I was going to ride it with will probably have to go to the USA that week. We're thinking of doing the Harlequin Hack on the 11th instead. Ah well, I'll be able to accompany Mrs B on the CTC ride she's leading.

The Harlequin Hack route is on Bikely, with a cue sheet, which is nice.