Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 1439977 times)

T42

• Tea tank
Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #24575 on: November 06, 2019, 01:26:39 pm »
It'd be interesting to see how much oomph their breaker box can handle.  Ours is set for 40 amps.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

Kim

• Timelord
Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #24576 on: November 06, 2019, 03:57:20 pm »
Probably the UK standard 100A.  It's not like anyone with that many sockets is drawing significant power from all of them.  If they were, there would be signs of air-conditioning.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

Tim Hall

• I want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes
« Reply #24577 on: November 06, 2019, 04:47:45 pm »
Probably the UK standard 100A.  It's not like anyone with that many sockets is drawing significant power from all of them.  If they were, there would be signs of air-conditioning.
Plug in air conditioning, obvs.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #24578 on: November 06, 2019, 06:20:53 pm »
Speaking of which, maybe the property has had flooding issues in the past and the many sockets above floor level are for the plugging  in of dehumidifiers and GBFO heaters.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #24579 on: November 07, 2019, 11:46:30 am »
I've just been asked if my moustache is for Movember (?)
The only answer I could think of was, "Yes. I've been growing it for 7 days now."
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

« Reply #24580 on: November 07, 2019, 07:04:36 pm »
There is a is a charity fundraising thing for growing moustaches this month
I don't remember what they are raising money for though  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #24581 on: November 07, 2019, 07:52:00 pm »
There is a is a charity fundraising thing for growing moustaches this month
I don't remember what they are raising money for though  :)

Razors?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24582 on: November 07, 2019, 08:31:47 pm »
Movember's for some male-specific cancer, prostate I think...

Premature male death... https://uk.movember.com

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #24583 on: November 08, 2019, 02:34:06 pm »
150th anniversary of Nature's first issue. You can download a PDF facsimile here:

https://www.nature.com/immersive/d42859-019-00121-0/public/pdf/nature-issue-1-high-res.pdf
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #24584 on: November 10, 2019, 08:12:06 pm »
A Facebook friend is travelling from London to Edinburgh.
Facebook has posted a graphic showing journey start in London and destination somewhere to the south-east, possibly Tunbridge Wells.
I am Disgusted!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
They are relaying the back street stones atm. noisy beeping from reversing digger, very high vis orange on all workers, steel toes boots, humming from generators in their little shed/wc etc health and safety you know.

But don't give a shit about the orange plastic barriers and the metal gate that goes flying when the wind picks up

Even after I told them last Friday, not a good place to put this - fenced off area for their gubbins. As no bin have survived more than 1-2 days before owner of said thing have to pick it up down the hill. (We live top of a hill, roads and houses around here makes a nice wind tunnel when weather is bad, that hits the corner of our house hard and is where they have set up camp) Me and Peli spend some time moving barriers out of street and laying them in such a way that they wouldn't go flying again, one metal plate/traffic sign landed about 2 feet away from our car.

Kim

• Timelord
I assume anyone who works with those plastic barriers is well acquainted with their inability to stay put.  If it's not the wind, it's the oiks or the motorists.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
My sister emailed me two days ago to tell me her #3 son was engaged.

Tonight, Facebook suggests his intended is one of the 'people you may know'.

We have not yet met...