Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3074345 times)

fuzzy

I have just rediscovered the joys of removing clingfilm from the bowl I nuked my baked beans in!

Nuking clingfilm makes it go all soft and stretchy. It feels like peeling dead skin after a case of sunburn. I love peeling skin  :thumbsup:

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
Nuking clingfilm makes it go all soft and stretchy. It feels like peeling dead skin after a case of sunburn. I love peeling skin :hand:

Just spread some Copydex on your hand (palm is better) let it dry and you can experience that feeling all over again.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

clarion

• Tyke
The other day (Thursday evening, I think) I saw someone flying a fighter kite on Figges Marsh.  Summer's here, then. :)

And I saw a kite flying beside the road while we were WARTYing. :) :) :)
Getting there...

fuzzy

Nuking clingfilm makes it go all soft and stretchy. It feels like peeling dead skin after a case of sunburn. I love peeling skin :hand:

Just spread some Copydex on your hand (palm is better) let it dry and you can experience that feeling all over again.

<Homer Simpson mode on> Hmmmmmmm Copydex <Homer Simpson mode off>

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Looking back over my school career, I must have spent days doing that. 

I once managed to peel off all five fingers and a palm in one go  :smug:
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Zipperhead

This post requires something, but I am not clever enough nor sufficiently worthy to do it justice.

A bit of red food dye mixed with the Copydex and you can spend a happy half hour with a syringe giving yourself a really nasty case of something...I once did this for a fancy dress party. I looked truly hideous. Didn't pull mind.

Another odd dream remembered.
Last night I shared a bed with Prince Harry and a polo pony. The pony might have been Shergar.

border-rider

Another odd dream remembered.
Last night I shared a bed with Prince Harry and a polo pony. The pony might have been Shergar.

Tell us about the dream too ;)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
I don't know why but this story makes me feel warm inside.

The temple in a tiny bedroom
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Were Shergar not already converted into pedigree chum, I've a feeling that he would be rather offended at being referred to as a pony, and probably even more disgruntled at having to share a bed with the ginger bastard...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Were Shergar not already converted into pedigree chum, I've a feeling that he would be rather offended at being referred to as a pony, and probably even more disgruntled at having to share a bed with the ginger bastard...

I didn't realise that Zipperhead was involved in this dream...  ;) ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Dead horse in the bed?
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Zipperhead

I'm merely a gene carrier.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded

I'm merely a gene carrier.

The Audi Quattro of the forum.
It is simpler than it looks.

Deborah

I've just had tea and biscuits with a lovely friend.

A Halfords Apollo bike box arrived today.  

It doesnt contain an Apollo, but something much much nicer :thumbsup:

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
I've just changed the left brake light on my Honda Shuttle.  It's the second time a bulb there has blown.  The last time was about 7 years ago (the car is 12 years old).  The right hand brake bulb is still the original one.  The only other bulb I've replaced is one of the side lights.  Impressive.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Impressive.

I rode my Kawasaki GT550 for 13.5 years (from almost new) during which time I never had to change the stop light bulb.
More impressively , in the time I owned it, it had just one oil change in approximately 120k miles  :-X.

Impressive.

I rode my Kawasaki GT550 for 13.5 years (from almost new) and never had to change the stop light bulb.
More impressively , in the time I owned it, it had just one oil change in approximately 120k miles  :-X.
Yebbut, they were bulletproof. Thats why all the couriers used them. I like Kwackers , I owned a Z650 a Z750 Custom and a GPZ600, great bikes all of them

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
This evening, I went for a swim in a lake in Essex. It was really chuffing cold.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
At the age of thirty-oatcakes, I have learned out of necessity, how to open a beer bottle using the edge of a table top :P
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Set off my first speed camera today  ::-)

(Kingston Hill)

fuzzy

Set off my first speed camera today  ::-)

(Kingston Hill)

Do we need to celebrate or disown you?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Rather than being lost, 'borrowed' by a colleague or leaking in a jacket pocket my Bic crystal ballpoint pen has run out of ink.  I never thought I'd live to see the day.

Time to hie me to the stationery cupboard (which fortuitously also happens to be stationary) and obtain a new one!

Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου