Poll

Roughly how many incident-free miles had you cycled before you were last "in collision" with a motor vehicle?

Less than 1000 miles
1001-5000 miles
5001-10000 miles
10001-20000 miles
20001-30000 miles
30001-40000 miles
40001-50000 miles
More than that
It hasn't happened yet

Author Topic: The "have you been knocked off" poll  (Read 55007 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: The "have you been knocked off" poll
« Reply #200 on: August 11, 2016, 01:43:01 pm »
Thank you for that important correction, drossall. ;D
Getting there...

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
    • Feast
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »
I have just caught up with this and logged being left hooked in London last May. It was within the last 5000 miles of cycling.

Interesting poll results.

« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2016, 12:39:41 pm »
So far the poll seems to suggest that 65% of people have been "knocked off" at least once.  Interesting.  Not really sure that cycling into the back of a parked car should really count as being knocked off !  I know it sounds like a bit of a joke but the worst accident I had actually involved me cycling into a car in virtually stationary traffic and the only thing that got knocked off was the poor lady's wing mirror ... 

fd3

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2017, 10:36:01 pm »
Questioning the per mile rationale: when I used to do longer weekend rides (vs commuting) my mileage was higher but generally on less busy country roads.  Therefore higher miles to rta ratio.  One child and job change later I was only commuting so my ratio plummets.  Both cases have the same 1 every 5 years to them. 
I guess you need to measure against something though...

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »
Deliberately sideswiped by a white van 2 weeks ago.  Something health supplies. Supply schools etc with hygeine stuff. Safety is a big priority according to the website. Rang the company and reported it. They expressed concern but did not come back to me as promised. Hey ho.
Nothing left to prove. http://adenough1.blogspot.co.uk/

« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2017, 03:32:07 pm »
Yes, by a rather well stacked BMW motorcycle who went straight across my path! a genuine head on

Kim

• An appetite for the epic, but no real stamina
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2017, 06:09:28 pm »
Hm, my bike was in collision with a motor vehicle back in May, but I wasn't really attached to it at the time, so I'm sticking with "hasn't happened yet".
Watching the TV without subtitles is like riding up a hill without using the gears :)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »
Hm, my bike was in collision with a motor vehicle back in May, but I wasn't really attached to it at the time, so I'm sticking with "hasn't happened yet".

That's funny,  sorry, not funny,  a coincidence.   I was thinking about your recent off today.  (Blimey,  was it that long ago?)

Anyway,  was there any damage to the car that your bike slithered into?  If so, how did that work out?
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

Kim

• An appetite for the epic, but no real stamina
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2017, 06:58:28 pm »
Anyway,  was there any damage to the car that your bike slithered into?  If so, how did that work out?

Yeah, a pedal/chainring scratch on one of the panels.  A third-party claim on the CTC insurance sorted it out AFAIK.
Watching the TV without subtitles is like riding up a hill without using the gears :)