Author Topic: Double Sleeping Bags  (Read 6331 times)

Re: Double Sleeping Bags
« Reply #25 on: 18 May, 2010, 08:33:58 pm »
I'm after a pair of rectangular sleeping bags that will zip together (or a double that would fit into a pannier but they are huge it seems); they won't be used outside of late spring/early autumn; definitely not when it's Really Cold. We are tall but pretty slim...any recommendations?

Prob needs to be available from one of the outdoorsy shops in Covent Garden, I need them by the weekend (been let down by online supplier).

Ta!

« Reply #26 on: 19 May, 2010, 01:01:08 pm »
You can borrow ours and see how you get on with it? It splits into 2 so you can put it in 2 panniers but has a slight hood bit, which stops your pillows escaping :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #27 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:19:07 pm »
Good point.  I could maybe deliver Friday somehow?
Getting there...

LEE

« Reply #28 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »
I can't think of anything less restful than sleeping two-up in a sleeping bag.

Then again, I prefer to have my own bed (and bedroom) at home as well.

You old romantic you

« Reply #29 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:33:38 pm »
Ooh that is a very kind thought, I'll take you up on that if you don't mind bringing it on your commute!

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #30 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:40:38 pm »
You will not go wrong with a Alpkit sleeping bag and along with our Exped downmat 7 we are COMFY sleeping in our tent.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #31 on: 19 May, 2010, 02:54:16 pm »
Ooh that is a very kind thought, I'll take you up on that if you don't mind bringing it on your commute!

Yeah.  No probs.  What time do you need me to get there before?
Getting there...

« Reply #32 on: 19 May, 2010, 04:09:15 pm »
I don't think it matters, really. I should be home by 6.30. Thanks ever so.

To save you going out of your way I am quite happy to intercept you on the A3 somewhere if you like!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #33 on: 19 May, 2010, 04:22:22 pm »
Not really out of my way.  100m maximum, I think ;D

Getting there...

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #34 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:07:05 pm »
Whilst touring last month we tried zipping our two mummy shaped bags together.  The zips zipped together just fine but there wasn't enough room.   

I've read through this thread but the jury assembled here doesn't seem to have found good quality, light bags that can be zipped together and be sufficiently roomy for two people.  Am I correct or has someone stumbled across a solution to the problem?

« Reply #35 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:11:19 pm »
Snugpak Softie Hawk and Snugpak Softie Kilo work just fine zipped in their respective pairs for us.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #36 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:14:59 pm »
Snugpak Softie Hawk and Snugpak Softie Kilo work just fine zipped in their respective pairs for us.

Excellent!  Are you using one of each or a pair of each?  And (without being too personal  :-* ) are you little people or big people? 

« Reply #37 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:23:43 pm »
Our 2 Hawks are around 15 years old now; survived many motorbike camping trips; not used for last 2 years but stored loose in pillow cases ready for action.

« Reply #38 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:37:00 pm »
We find the 2 mummy bags together are really too big! Our compromise of one fat persons mummy bag with an extention panel works well unless it is really cold when we use the down bags zipped together.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #39 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:40:43 pm »
The zip in the middle underneath is really an issue, though. :(
Getting there...

« Reply #40 on: 20 September, 2010, 08:51:11 pm »

Excellent!  Are you using one of each or a pair of each?  And (without being too personal  :-* ) are you little people or big people? 

Pairs of each.   The Kilo's are lighter and better for warm summery weather, the Hawks are heavier and great when you get those chilly evenings.

I'm a 3XL YACF shirt size though Mlle PB would be a S.   We do not spend all night in a close embrace.

I have never seen a 'fat' mummy bag, nor an 'extension' for said bag.   Sounds interesting in a curiosity sort of way.

We don't have a problem with the zip at all, just with the mats moving.