Author Topic: Arrivee Spring 2010  (Read 6964 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Arrivee Spring 2010
« Reply #25 on: 13 May, 2010, 10:35:55 pm »
At the bottom of page 41 I spy two yacf jerseys.  I recognise Greenbank but who is wearing the other one?

« Reply #26 on: 13 May, 2010, 10:36:32 pm »
I'm wondering what Chris Boulton did to make Dave Atkinson pull that particular face.

border-rider

« Reply #27 on: 13 May, 2010, 10:39:41 pm »
At the bottom of page 41 I spy two yacf jerseys.  I recognise Greenbank but who is wearing the other one?

geraldC

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Arrivee Spring 2010 -- kudos to AUK directors
« Reply #28 on: 13 May, 2010, 11:42:07 pm »
I think (I may be wrong) that anyway since AUK centrally handles UK entries, it's up to AUK to work out how to allocate places

This appears to be what AUK are telling us, however I don't believe it. 
To judge by 2007, entries were essentially handled by ACP themselves, via their online system which worked well - the necessary paperwork (eg passport photo) and payments were then harmonised by willing slaves at AUK and sent on to ACP.  If this is the way they work it next time, then ACP, not AUK, will be able to decide who gets excluded from PBP if anybody.  (Though I agree with others - it won't come to that.)
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #29 on: 14 May, 2010, 12:59:40 am »
At the bottom of page 41 I spy two yacf jerseys.  I recognise Greenbank but who is wearing the other one?

geraldC
I love that picture. It's an instant Caption It.

Guy on the front (who I imagine to be Russia's anwer to Martin "Yellow" Malins)
Who are all these smiling, backslapping freaks? This isn't supposed to be fun. I have no chance of making Edinburgh. Which town are YACF from, and why do they misuse their tri-bars? I must find someone in the West to sell me gloves.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #30 on: 14 May, 2010, 03:15:30 am »
And a whole back cover of citizen smudge and his slack chain.

Oh dear, that does look alarmingly slack.  :(

In my defence, it was tighter than that at the start of the ride, but those climbs...

Blimey, though - back cover and centrefold*. I'm a star!  ;D

d.

*well, along with several others. ;)
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #31 on: 14 May, 2010, 09:21:47 am »
I agree with Mike. Reid's underlying point is spot on. It's such a shame he makes it in such a shrill, negative way.

Exactly.

« Reply #32 on: 14 May, 2010, 10:28:00 am »
Please don't cancel LEL before I get a chance to ride it   :)
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

« Reply #33 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:23:36 am »
Wooohoooo, I've made it.  My first captioned pic in Arrivee.  Centrefold too!

citoyen

« Reply #34 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:27:05 am »
Wooohoooo, I've made it.  My first captioned pic in Arrivee.  Centrefold too!

Yay! :thumbsup:

Quite a good showing of yacfers on that page.

d.

« Reply #35 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:28:19 am »
Another arrivee, another disappointing absence from the pages. I need to work out which rides attract the pappaukrazzi.

Martin

« Reply #36 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:33:20 am »
Another arrivee, another disappointing absence from the pages. I need to work out which rides attract the pappaukrazzi.

ones in the South East if it's during Tim's editorship usually make the front page especially if El Supremo's feast is in attendance, anywhere otherwise, I was expecting Tim's ones of my very wet event from last October but maybe it's best forgotten  :-\

« Reply #37 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:36:27 am »
I was expecting Tim's ones of my very wet event from last October but maybe it's best forgotten  :-\

I was also hoping for a photo of Manotea and myself at the top of Ditchling on our DIY that coincided with your very wet October event...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

citoyen

« Reply #38 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:43:31 am »

On any Kent ride that involves crossing a ford, you'll find Mrs Cyklisten lying in wait with her camera to snap riders getting their feet wet. ;)

d.

« Reply #39 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:48:59 am »
Can't see me going for the Kent ford option. Perhaps I'll have to take to Peakish grimping, they seem to get a few entries and I am moving to Sheffield shortly.

« Reply #40 on: 14 May, 2010, 11:52:18 am »
Alternatively you could move to Carmarthenshire.  John Ridge often lurks there with his apparatus.  Indeed, one event -The Carmarthenshire Snapper - is named after him.  If that's too much trouble, I'd just suggest changing your name to John Spooner.

aregister

• On entre OK, on sort KO
« Reply #41 on: 14 May, 2010, 02:44:04 pm »
On any Kent ride that involves crossing a ford, you'll find Mrs Cyklisten lying in wait with her camera to snap riders getting their feet wet. ;)

d.

She also lurks at the tops of steep hills.

Cyklisten

• ... they came from the sea onto the land ...
    • Cyklisten Online
« Reply #42 on: 14 May, 2010, 04:58:04 pm »
 :demon: ... and she's loving it, too!
Ti små cyklister tog ud på cykeltur ...

SFACC Audax Champion 2010

bazzerp

• A new life in Cape Town.
« Reply #43 on: 14 May, 2010, 08:24:27 pm »
Wow - write-ups for 2 rides in Norfolk ! & our very own fidget-buzz got a mention in both. Also saw some Breckland wasps (CC Breckland) in LEL photos.
Where have all the hedges gone ?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #44 on: 16 May, 2010, 10:08:09 am »
I have discovered a problem relating to this publication...It keeps me from riding my bike.
I find it easier to read about the suffering achievements of others.That's my excuse & my lardyarse is sticking to it.

Grandad

• Once upon a time
« Reply #45 on: 16 May, 2010, 11:18:58 pm »
Quite a good showing of yacfers on that page

and nine Fairies - five of them on bikes!