Author Topic: bikester.co.uk  (Read 4165 times)

bikester.co.uk
« on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »
Basically a German shop with a .co.uk address.  The only place with a UK shop front to have something in stock that I wanted.  Problem 1: their checkout procedure is translated from the German, hard to follow and defaults to payment by bank transfer - to a German bank.  Sod that, the SWIFT fee is £20!  They also take PayPal or credit cards so I sent them an enquiry with the correct order number, asking to pay by card instead.

Problem 2: Four days, two working days, and still no reply.  I think I'll just look for it elsewhere.
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: bikester.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:45:38 am »
I had a similar issue (the ordering part) with shop4cross.de, all of there site was in English, apart from the checkout!  A quick email soon cleared stuff up tho.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:02:25 pm »
They're still incommunicado so I ordered it from a real German shop.
And Darkness and Decay and the Coronavirus held illimitable dominion over all.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 08:39:47 pm »
Took a chance with them as the extra Black Friday discount on already low prices was irresistible.
So - ordered on Friday (very late p.m.)
Confirmation Monday with DHL tracking reference
Delivered Wednesday.
Pukka Shimano retail packaging, not the OEM pack you sometimes get from Ribble and others in UK.
No problems with checkout - although I did use Paypal.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 09:16:52 pm »
Able to supply a cheap dyno headlight, though the shipping offset that somewhat. Arrived quickly and well-packaged. No complaints.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...