Author Topic: London restaurant advice  (Read 1915 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
London restaurant advice
« on: 30 May, 2008, 01:07:30 pm »
Greetings

I have been given the task of organising my work team meeting in June (24th to be precise).  Once the meeting finishes I have arranged for us to hire bikes and take a guided tour with The London Bicycle Hire Company.  The plan is we then go for dinner.  This is the bit I need help with.

I was hoping we could eat in the brasserie on the 8th floor of the Oxo Tower but they can't seat us till 9:15pm which is too late.  We need a restaurant within walking distance of the bike hire place (Gabriels Wharf, SE1 9PP).  We will be a party of up to 15.  The restaurant needs to be informal and fun.

Any ideas folks???  All suggestions gratefully received.

cometworm

Re: London restaurant advice
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2008, 01:14:12 pm »
There's a decent Greek place along the river not far from the Oxo. Otherwise, there's loads of restaurants around Waterloo and the South Bank, as well as some over towards Bankside. Do people need to go somewhere afterwards? I.e. is proximity to transport an issue?

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2008, 01:17:55 pm »
There's a decent Greek place along the river not far from the Oxo. Otherwise, there's loads of restaurants around Waterloo and the South Bank, as well as some over towards Bankside. Do people need to go somewhere afterwards? I.e. is proximity to transport an issue?

Thanks for the suggestions.  I was hoping for restaurant names as I'm not a Londoner and won't be able to track places down. 

Easy access to the Tube afterwards will be most useful.

« Reply #3 on: 30 May, 2008, 01:20:27 pm »