Author Topic: Help, please - Garmin Edge 305, software missing  (Read 2183 times)

caz

Help, please - Garmin Edge 305, software missing
« on: 26 June, 2010, 06:40:50 pm »
Don't know if anyone can help, but here goes.

I bought my Edge 305 over a year ago, off a friend who upgraded to the 705. I frequently have problems trying to upload my data to Sports Track because my device is "not recognised". I have solved this problem in the past by downloading and using the Webupdater. Today I tried this and after waiting 20 mins or more for it to do anything I clicked 'abort'. Then on the screen of my 305 I saw a message which said 'software missing'. Now I can't do anything with my 305. Does anyone know how I can resolve this problem (in layman's terms please!!)?

Thanks for any help in advance

Re: Help, please - Garmin Edge 305, software missing
« Reply #1 on: 26 June, 2010, 06:49:00 pm »
Return to Garmin if switching off and on doesn't work.

You could also connect to Training Centre and Help -> Check for software updates first

Good luck

caz

« Reply #2 on: 26 June, 2010, 06:53:42 pm »
I was trying to update it, which is what caused the problem.  I have sent Garmin an email as they will tell me how to reset my 305, but I was hoping someone else might have had a similar problem or knew how to reset it/upload the missing software, in the meantime.  If no one knows I'll have to wait until Monday and give the Garmin support team a phone!

« Reply #3 on: 26 June, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »
Chances are if you bricked it on the update, it will be back to Garmin.......

Be interested to hear if anyone knows better

caz

« Reply #4 on: 28 June, 2010, 09:33:08 am »
Just to let you know, I gave Garmin a phone this morning and they say I need to return the unit to them as it has malfunctioned due to some corrupt software.  They will send me a replacement which is guaranteed for 1 year.  The cost - £66.66!   :o  (This is for the Edge 305, other units have different prices).  The choice is to pay up or have a unit which is useless.   :'(  Can't afford to upgrade so sending it back to them.

« Reply #5 on: 28 June, 2010, 11:41:53 am »
Just to let you know, I gave Garmin a phone this morning and they say I need to return the unit to them as it has malfunctioned due to some corrupt software.  They will send me a replacement which is guaranteed for 1 year.  The cost - £66.66!   :o  (This is for the Edge 305, other units have different prices).  The choice is to pay up or have a unit which is useless.   :'(  Can't afford to upgrade so sending it back to them.

Have you registered the unit with Garmin? Normally, they are very helpful resolving issues under warranty, and if you said that it just went like that......  May be too late now

caz

« Reply #6 on: 28 June, 2010, 02:31:16 pm »
Have you registered the unit with Garmin? Normally, they are very helpful resolving issues under warranty, and if you said that it just went like that......  May be too late now

No, as I'd bought it off a friend who'd already had it over a year.  He upgraded to the 705 and offered the 305 to me at a deal I couldn't refuse.  Will the refurb one be registered to me do you think?

red marley

« Reply #7 on: 28 June, 2010, 02:43:22 pm »
The cost - £66.66!   

That would be a devil of a price to charge even at a 10th of the cost.

« Reply #8 on: 28 June, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »

No, as I'd bought it off a friend who'd already had it over a year.  He upgraded to the 705 and offered the 305 to me at a deal I couldn't refuse.  Will the refurb one be registered to me do you think?

Yes, they offer full warranty on any refurb they do. Keep the delivery note.

caz

« Reply #9 on: 08 July, 2010, 08:40:47 am »
Hi all,

Just to let you know I received a refurbished Edge 305 yesterday, so I'm a happy bunny!

Thanks for all your help.