Author Topic: How long to walk from Kings X to Bank ?  (Read 3118 times)

How long to walk from Kings X to Bank ?
« on: 02 June, 2008, 04:13:43 pm »
I'd rather not take the tube,

Re: How long to walk from Kings X to Bank ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:23:57 pm »
half an hour?   Personally I'd take the circle line to liverpool st. then walk.

« Reply #2 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »
I don't know if this link will work, but TFL think it's a 50 minute walk.

« Reply #3 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:30:38 pm »
Thirty minutes, I would reckon, if you're a swift walker. It takes me about twenty five minutes to walk from Condor to my office, which is the other side of London Bridge. I think that Gray's Inn Rd is a bit longer than the walk across the river.

« Reply #4 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:32:27 pm »
I ain't a swift walker, not any more. I have just received the formal invitation to the meeting at I'll have 1.5 hours to get there from when my train is due. Time to stop by Condor.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:32:47 pm »
I don't know if this link will work, but TFL think it's a 50 minute walk.

The calculation used to be based on the standard TfL walking speed calculation of 1.33 metres per second, translating to 4.788km/hour by my calculation.  I'm presuming it still uses that figure.

So if you're averagely fit and not heavily laden I would expect it to take less than 50 mins. 30-35mins would be my best estimate of my own pace for that journey, without pushing it (but then, I also know a route without really thinking about it, so would spend less time wayfinding than someone doing it for the first time.

« Reply #6 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:33:43 pm »
I ain't a swift walker, not any more. I have just received the formal invitation to the meeting at I'll have 1.5 hours to get there from when my train is due. Time to stop by Condor.

perfect.

« Reply #7 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:42:16 pm »
You'll pass the CTC's solicitors as well.

« Reply #8 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:43:32 pm »
any other interesting places such as bike/outdoor/tool shops ?

« Reply #9 on: 02 June, 2008, 04:46:05 pm »
Don't fink so. Even Condor looks a bit lonely along there. There are more shops at the bottom end, but nothing that sticks in my mind.

« Reply #10 on: 02 June, 2008, 05:13:33 pm »
There's an Evans as well, but Condor is more fun.

« Reply #11 on: 02 June, 2008, 05:31:03 pm »
The Evans that used to be a few doors down from Condor has closed.

Bikefix is on Lamb's Conduit Street and is only a few minutes away.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #12 on: 02 June, 2008, 08:04:45 pm »
I've walked from Kings Cross to Chancery Lane in about 25 minutes (the first bit is uphill) so that sounds about right.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #13 on: 03 June, 2008, 08:45:46 pm »
I've walked from Kings Cross to Chancery Lane in about 25 minutes (the first bit is uphill) so that sounds about right.

blimey, do you live up north of Ely somewhere?   It's not really uphill Roger, that was a kerb.

« Reply #14 on: 05 June, 2008, 05:54:23 pm »
any other interesting places such as bike/outdoor/tool shops ?

I think there's tool or hardware shop in Leather Lane. C.H. Fowler used to be in Greville Street off Hatton Garden, but they moved to Welling a few years ago. Also there's a fasteners shop in Theobalds road.

There's a couple of outdoor shops on the Chancery Lane Holborn junction, one is Blacks, the other one is Snow and Ice I think, or something like that.

« Reply #15 on: 05 June, 2008, 05:57:17 pm »
I did walk it, can't remember how long it took, about an hour including a stop at Condor Cycles. London's nice when it's sunny.

« Reply #16 on: 12 June, 2008, 10:47:16 pm »
eeeee

noticed mention of Lambs Conduit St up thread.  Thats just brought on one of those big memory rushes you get when you suddenly remember old girlfriends that had slipped to the rear of the little mental box that got locked when you got married.

Great Ormand Street nurses accommodation - was/is that on Guilford street? (or is that the hospital?)  You couldn't get in if you was a boy after hours - had to climb railings and stuff.  I feel all wotsit now.