Author Topic: Cutlery lust  (Read 116633 times)

Re: Cutlery lust
« Reply #100 on: 16 November, 2010, 05:36:44 pm »
I tend to eat from my trangia or from my hotpot when camping, so I don't like using metal implements on a metal cooking pots, etc. so wood or heat resistant plastic implements for me.

The teeth of sporks also make it hard to get all the baked bean sauce out of a can/chocolate mousse from a pot, resulting in use of the tongue for licking clean purposes.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #101 on: 16 November, 2010, 05:38:13 pm »
Goodness, you've a long tongue if it can reach to the bottom of a chocolate mousse pot, I have to use my finger.

« Reply #102 on: 16 November, 2010, 05:48:10 pm »
You're obviously so posh that you buy your chocolate mousse from the chiller cabinet, rather than the multipacks in tubs/short pots from the freezer section!

robbo6

« Reply #103 on: 16 November, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »
The butler delivers it in the Bentley.
Isn't that your chauffeur's job?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #104 on: 16 November, 2010, 05:50:54 pm »
Well, yes, obvously the chauffeur drives, but he can't serve the food, can he? ::-)
Getting there...

« Reply #105 on: 16 November, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »
I prefer burning my potatoes in the ashes of a campfire, then scooping the insides out with a charred stick.

But seeing as most campsites won't allow this, I have to settle for the local pub. Not tried eating chips with a spork.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Flint catcher

« Reply #106 on: 16 November, 2010, 08:42:41 pm »
Ah! gotcha mrcharly. Who said anything about campsites now?
 Sure don't I buy a spud or few from a local azerbakanzy farmer and roll it in me cinders until pret a porter or even ready to eat.
 I tried the same with a hedgehog but the giblet and spines issue got the better of me ole spork...
 I may camp but I'm not camp...

The Mechanic

« Reply #107 on: 17 November, 2010, 01:07:46 pm »
You are supposed to bake hedgehogs in mud, then the spines and furry bits come off with the baked mud when it's cooked.  I think I would gut it first though but not strictly necessary.  If roadkill, guts have probably already been snaffled.

Flint catcher

« Reply #108 on: 17 November, 2010, 04:58:58 pm »
I lied about the hedgehog ;)
O.K... just to make peace and fit in around here I shall go and order a titanium spork...
 But from where?

The Mechanic

« Reply #109 on: 18 November, 2010, 08:08:58 am »
Don't do it!  Baaaa..

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #110 on: 18 November, 2010, 01:45:52 pm »
But from where?

Snowpeak via eBay, or Alpkit are the best titanium sporks, IMHO.

I don't rate those LightMyFire imposters.

« Reply #111 on: 18 November, 2010, 06:16:20 pm »
I have decided to be controversial, and henceforth refer to my Spork as a Runcible Spoon.  Wikipedia suggests that there are precedents for this, but that it's open to interpretation.

Runcible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since I like both mince, and quince, I feel it is appropriate.

Of course, I've had the things (one small, one large) nearly a year and not used them in anger yet, so what do I know...?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #112 on: 18 November, 2010, 06:52:18 pm »
Although I have a titanium spork, I was in a camping shop today and saw one of those plastic sporks which have been mentioned above. But surely a spork is a combination of a spoon and a fork, these have a knife edge aswell so in my book are not sporks but something completely different? I didn't reckon much to these knorksps though.

« Reply #113 on: 18 November, 2010, 07:33:54 pm »
I have decided to be controversial, and henceforth refer to my Spork as a Runcible Spoon.  Wikipedia suggests that there are precedents for this, but that it's open to interpretation.

Runcible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since I like both mince, and quince, I feel it is appropriate.

Of course, I've had the things (one small, one large) nearly a year and not used them in anger yet, so what do I know...?
That's what my south African friend calls them :D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #114 on: 18 November, 2010, 09:25:32 pm »

Or did I just drink too much beer tonight...?

Probably
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #115 on: 18 November, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »
The smart money's following Adrian's tip...
Getting there...

« Reply #116 on: 18 November, 2010, 10:50:04 pm »
Yeah, I have a feeling you might want to edit that post once you are sober.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #117 on: 18 November, 2010, 11:26:55 pm »
Yeah, I have a feeling you might want to edit that post once you are sober.

No he is right, but obviously it is not for everyone.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

gordon taylor

« Reply #118 on: 20 November, 2010, 10:07:40 am »
Here's another reader who is deeply offended by your post, FC.

Not acceptable.

Flint catcher

« Reply #119 on: 20 November, 2010, 08:34:59 pm »
I owe you people an apology.
Yet allow me to explain that I merely laugh at my own people.
Both native and white Antipodeans.
My mother and all the female line of my family have been named after Truganinini Queen of Tasmania.
Therefore known as Truganina.
Recently our remarkably white saxon/celtic family collaborated with a dna study.
This showed a major matriacal (  cant spell for toffee) lineage leading back to Truganina as we have always known her as.
My grand x X mother was no beauty to be sure and probally raped by the scottish ancestor. Never the less it has given me a freedom to laugh at both ancient and modern Antipodeans.
Some of these mongerals sailed to colonise N.Z and can be found not using sporks along the west coast further combining their dna with willing maori females.
(I thank mrs davidson of hokitika junction for her family history and piece of greenstone.)
I'll just go I think. Clearly theres no laughs to be had around here.
Just poking fun at my own kind which clearly you guys aint.
REPORT TO MODERATOR...

« Reply #120 on: 20 November, 2010, 10:18:16 pm »
That's a great story, flint. We have plenty of laughs round here, but we are more sensitive when it comes to prose that could be taken as politically racist, our sense of humour dries up. Don't run off now, just because of one miss step
<i>Marmite slave</i>

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #121 on: 20 November, 2010, 10:19:55 pm »
or three...
Getting there...

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #122 on: 20 November, 2010, 10:20:26 pm »

« Reply #123 on: 20 November, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »
I owe you people an apology.
Yet allow me to explain that I merely laugh at my own people.
Both native and white Antipodeans.
My mother and all the female line of my family have been named after Truganinini Queen of Tasmania.
Therefore known as Truganina.
Recently our remarkably white saxon/celtic family collaborated with a dna study.
This showed a major matriacal (  cant spell for toffee) lineage leading back to Truganina as we have always known her as.
My grand x X mother was no beauty to be sure and probally raped by the scottish ancestor. Never the less it has given me a freedom to laugh at both ancient and modern Antipodeans.
Some of these mongerals sailed to colonise N.Z and can be found not using sporks along the west coast further combining their dna with willing maori females.
(I thank mrs davidson of hokitika junction for her family history and piece of greenstone.)
I'll just go I think. Clearly theres no laughs to be had around here.
Just poking fun at my own kind which clearly you guys aint.
REPORT TO MODERATOR...

No apology needed. Your posts are the most original on this forum for a long time. Refreshingly honest and funny at the same time.  More required.  Deffo want more of this  :thumbsup:

border-rider

« Reply #124 on: 20 November, 2010, 10:41:23 pm »
I may camp but I'm not camp...

yes you are, mon vieux ami, as a row of tents ;)