Author Topic: Ribble Cycles  (Read 30332 times)

Re: Ribble Cycles
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2016, 08:25:05 am »
It's been Wiggle'd. Kind of.

More clicks to get to what I want.

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2016, 08:26:03 am »
Expect prices to rise then.

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2016, 10:28:22 am »
A consequence of this, perhaps.

Now utterly generic and characterless. It is funny that these companies that have persisted with dated websites for years don’t realise those website are part of their appeal. The last thing we need is another bike-shop website with pointless user reviews on Shimano 105 cassettes and Q&As with As by staff members who know less than the questioner.

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2016, 11:27:46 am »
Very true in my opinion.

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2016, 12:53:15 pm »
So if you don't like it then shop elsewhere!

If trade decreases as a result they might ask why.  I doubt if trade will decrease and doubt whether the world of audax, or YACF for that matter, represents the target market for Ribble.  If prices go up then go elsewhere, as any free market economy permits.  Could always try a local bike shop.  And if you like 'ye olde worlde' internet sites then go to Spa Cycles.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2016, 05:45:13 pm »
The website wouldn't let me save different delivery and billing addresses. When I finally settled on using my home address for delivery and went through the purchase process, nothing happened when I clicked on the last button to confirm the purchase  :demon:

« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2016, 10:05:06 am »
I've just received an email from them asking me to reset my password, because they can't simply port the passwords over. I've only bought from them once (they were the cheapest for the item I wanted, they were pretty quick, they got nothing wrong) and I'm not at all sure I even had a password!
Pleasure spreads out on the map and the knapsack is full of joy.

« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2016, 10:22:51 am »
My password (and I did have a password) has stopped working too – the site just throws up an “invalid login or password” error with no further explanation. I didn’t get an email. I haven’t reset my password, because I have no immediate intention to order anything from Ribble Cycles and want as little to do with this as possible. That’s just how I choose to roll.

Mind you, Evans Cycles also forced a password reset with their recent website revamp. Incompetence and customer-disdain abounds.

« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2016, 12:06:12 pm »
Had a round robin email this morning asking me to reset my password for the new site and offering me 5% off everything for the inconvenience. They also give a link for feedback on the new site. Personally I think it's much better.

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 04:14:17 pm »
Got an e-mail saying 10% off Campagnolo. Might be handy for a cassette, I thought, & had a look. Hmm. Not good. There seems to have been a hell of a lot of de-stocking going on, & not just Campag. Are the new owners trying to flog off the stock as a precursor to closing it down?

And the old website was better.

PS. Much better than Wiggle, though. Wiggle's selection of Campag 10 speed cassettes currently consists solely of Veloce 12-25, according to the website.  :facepalm: Others are listed, but all out of stock.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 10:22:31 pm »
Methinks there's something amiss, all does not seem well . . .

I have (had?) an account with CSN, the trade arm of Ribble, opened in 2014. Shortly after the takeover they stopped listing Shimano - any Shimano - on the trade site. Just after Xmas I tried to log in and got a 'click here to reset your password' link. Which didn't work.

I emailed. And waited. And waited. I phoned, left a message, they called back. It seems they merged the customer databases which means, they say, that I need their web guru to separate my account(s) as I've ordered frm both Ribble & CSN in the past. 'IT/admin will email you your new password by the end of the day'.

That was Thursday. Tomorrow is Tuesday. Guess they can live without my business . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2016, 12:55:10 am »
Today CSN sent me a special offers email. This was my reply.

Well thanks for that! Nice to be kept up to date on your special offers.

SHAME I CAN'T ORDER ANYTHING!

You might notice that I haven't ordered anything recently.

Since you rebuilt your website my login ID & password have been rejected.

I've asked for a new password via the 'Forgot your password' link. It didn't work.

I tried emailing you. That didn't work either.

I even tried speaking to a real live human being on the telephone.

I think you can guess the rest . . .

Will it work? The cynic in me says ' Will it FUCK!' but you never know your luck in a raffle.

Meanwhile other companies that seem to give a shit are receiving regular revenue.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2016, 10:44:17 am »
Retail side seems to be working OK. 

« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2016, 10:15:15 pm »
I've just had an email from Ribble offering me $20 off my next purchase. Yes, dollars.
Pleasure spreads out on the map and the knapsack is full of joy.

« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2016, 10:44:59 pm »
I've just had an email from Ribble offering me $20 off my next purchase. Yes, dollars.

Australian dollars no less
@CorbieLinnRider

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2016, 11:56:11 pm »
Could be Hong Kong, or Namibia, or even Guyana. That'll be 7p in BRITISH  POUNDS;D
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Karla

• car(e) free
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »
Given sterling's performance post-Brexit, it'll probably be more like £700 than 7p at the moment.  Now might be a good time to spend those dollars.
Latest tour journal: Bucharest to Berlin

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2016, 11:27:59 pm »
7p was at yesterday's exchange rate, & it's not changed significantly since. Not a joke: there really are dollars which are almost three a penny.

« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2017, 04:45:04 pm »
Ordered a Shimano "transmission group set" 105 5800 11 speed, includes long cage rear mech, just what I wanted and selected a 11-32 cassette to go with it. Today they emailed to say they had posted my order with a short mech as that is all they had and hoped this wouldn't be a problem! WHY NOT EMAIL BEFORE SENDING THE GOODS???? So now I have to wait for a delivery that I will send straight back.

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2017, 07:57:23 pm »
Ordered a Shimano "transmission group set" 105 5800 11 speed, includes long cage rear mech, just what I wanted and selected a 11-32 cassette to go with it. Today they emailed to say they had posted my order with a short mech as that is all they had and hoped this wouldn't be a problem! WHY NOT EMAIL BEFORE SENDING THE GOODS???? So now I have to wait for a delivery that I will send straight back.

Unbelievable.

They're certainly not what they used to be. Did I see something about a venture capital takeover a while ago?

mattc

• "Hannibal"
  • n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2017, 06:01:13 pm »
Anyone thinking about being a First Time Ribble customer? Want to share my £20 offer code thingy??   [that's a tenner each, for clarity.]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles