Author Topic: What's caffeinating you today?  (Read 57351 times)

Re: What's caffeinating you today?
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2019, 05:28:55 pm »
Ha  :P As I thought.

Do yourself a favour, go to Coffee Compass, go to the espresso trial pack (3×500g) Select Hill&Valley, Jampit Hit, and Cherry cherry. Then use the discount code I will PM you.

Then come back and thank me when it arrives.

https://www.coffeecompass.co.uk/collections/espresso-range/products/coffee-compass-espresso-selection

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #601 on: August 01, 2019, 07:10:06 am »
After a week away going cold turkey last year, I've just bought an aeropress for this years hols...

At the risk of outing myself as a caffeine junkie cum philistine, I'm quite impressed.... a gadget that delivers!

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #602 on: August 01, 2019, 08:04:14 am »
Na, the Aeropress is highly respected.  Just don't use a very fine grind in it or you'll get coffee that's acid enough to etch your oesophagus. DAHIKT.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #603 on: August 05, 2019, 08:39:29 pm »
After a week away going cold turkey last year, I've just bought an aeropress for this years hols...

At the risk of outing myself as a caffeine junkie cum philistine, I'm quite impressed.... a gadget that delivers!

Probably because it was designed to rather than being designed as something to sell. Much like the original Sony Walkman. The man who owns the Aerobie Frisbee company told his research staff to design him something to make good coffee easily whilst he travelled. They came up with the Aeropress. He liked it and then decided to market it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #604 on: August 07, 2019, 10:11:00 am »

I bought one myself yesterday.  :thumbsup:
First use of it this morning, using Tesco Italian ground coffee, it certainly tastes smoother from the aeropress, than from my usual cafetiere.  :smug: