Author Topic: What's the last gig you went to see?  (Read 122764 times)

Re: What's the last gig you went to see?
« Reply #1200 on: March 06, 2020, 02:23:04 pm »
As noted by pcolbeck, Ms Fish on fine form last night too.  Her four-string cigar box guitar is the most evil-sounding example of the species I think I've ever heard.
Oh yeah, she's good, isn't she?

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #1201 on: March 12, 2020, 10:30:39 am »
Explosions in the sky were on good form last night.  Not the best I've seen them, but still very much enjoyed the night.
All-seated concert @ glasgow royal concert hall:  It felt like everyone in the central 20 seats got up to the toilets and/or bar about 10 fukkin times tho

Saw them in Bexhill-on-Sea.  Going to see the support - A.A.Williams tonight in her only headline show.
Eddington Numbers 125 (imperial), 170 (metric) 520 (furlongs)  112 (nautical miles)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1202 on: March 15, 2020, 01:22:34 pm »
Spent much of yesterday hitting F5 on Nells' webby SCIENCE but Joanne Shaw Taylor's gig was not virused into oblivion, praise be!  New rhythm section; only ex-King King Hammond-botherer Rob the Dutchman left from last time.  She played the whole "Reckless Heart" album followed by a handful of songs voted for online by We The Audience and was, as usual, ’kin wonderful.

Support from a small woman with a medium-sized guitar and a huge voice, who I think is called Sonia Lee.  The singer, not her voice.  She's from Nashville.  "I'm goin' home tomorrow!" she proclaimed.  "Oh no you're not!" we chorused.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1203 on: March 21, 2020, 09:35:18 pm »
I've spent much of this afternoon as a 6 hour-long online gig with Carsie Blanton https://www.facebook.com/carsieblanton/videos/668195710585449/

She's one of my absolute favourites at the moment.  And she did an Anais Mitchell number because I requested it, and Joe gave the SmallestCub a 10 minute bass tutorial because I asked if there was any chance of getting the bass parts for two songs so he can learn them :D

They've raised the band's rent money for the month, a fair bit towards recording the next album and a wodge for some of the charity/Not for Profit/3rd sector organisations that she was going to be featuring and supporting on her (cancelled) tour.