Author Topic: Old pianos  (Read 20568 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Old pianos
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2019, 09:57:04 pm »
Well done!

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2020, 06:23:32 pm »
Had a delightful hour and a quarter at Ben Wheeler Pianos, which is a large steel shed on an industrial park in the middle of nowhere in Little London, all to myself and have decided on a new Kawai 600 with the Aures system so that I can practice through headphones.  And my trusty old Yamaha Digital Piano is going to my first cousin once removed.
Eddington Numbers 125 (imperial), 168 (metric) 518 (furlongs)  111 (nautical miles)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2020, 06:43:53 pm »
Kawai are GOOD!

The grammar pedant mused at the difference a comma would make between  'my trusty old Yamaha Digital Piano is going to my first cousin once removed.' and 'my trusty old Yamaha Digital Piano is going to my first cousin, once removed.'

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #178 on: January 06, 2020, 12:53:49 pm »
A Facebook friend has posted that their piano technician has removed a visitor from the Bluthner...

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2020, 06:07:18 pm »
I've played two or three Kawais and have been impressed. I think you tend to get a lot of good piano for your cash.
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2020, 06:49:20 pm »
D has a Kawai grand in the lounge, bought 2nd hand at auction 3 years ago, but still partly wrapped in plastic and an electric piano in his shed, bought new.

They're nice...