Author Topic: AUK PBP jersey  (Read 27406 times)

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
Re: AUK PBP jersey
« Reply #100 on: 07 April, 2011, 01:44:58 pm »
I'll have to hold off gathering the pennies until after qualification - although I do get to pre-register after riding my first ever 200 in November 2009 ;D
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

DanialW

« Reply #101 on: 15 April, 2011, 11:42:21 am »
The PBP jerseys are now available to order online at Audax UK - Cycling Clothing, Triathlon Clothing & Running Clothing, Event Equipment, Corporate Branding Home Page/Impsport

You need to order your jersey by 10 July to get it in time for the big event.

red marley

« Reply #102 on: 15 April, 2011, 02:23:13 pm »
Given the piccies on the ImpSport website are the sketches rather than photos, do you know how realistic they are? I am thinking about the fonts and exact colour scheme in particular. Does anyone have a photo of the real thing?

« Reply #103 on: 17 April, 2011, 08:14:20 am »
You need to order your jersey by 10 July to get it in time for the big event.

But if you order today you'll get it in the next month of so, right?

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #104 on: 18 April, 2011, 02:57:46 pm »
what's the sizing like on impsport?

« Reply #105 on: 18 April, 2011, 03:05:58 pm »
I am large with Imp sport, large with Endura, and XL with Owayo if that helps in relation to any other jerseys you have.

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #106 on: 18 April, 2011, 04:26:16 pm »
I am large with Imp sport, large with Endura, and XL with Owayo if that helps in relation to any other jerseys you have.

Thanks, Looks like I'm probably a Large then and that matches with the sizing guide too.

DanialW

« Reply #107 on: 18 April, 2011, 04:50:28 pm »
But if you order today you'll get it in the next month of so, right?

**shrug**

Simonb

« Reply #108 on: 18 May, 2011, 03:00:47 pm »
Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Any idea when these are due to come through?

Ta.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #109 on: 28 May, 2011, 06:44:25 pm »
Mine arrived today, but they sent the standard AUK jersey and not the PBP one, even though the label sticker (handwritten) says PBP....
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #110 on: 29 May, 2011, 02:48:36 pm »
Looks like they may have done this to all the orders then as mine arrived yesterday.I was really excited realising it was from Impsport so should be my bright shiny new PBP jersey.What a let down when I found they'd sent a standard AUK jersey even though the delivery note clearly said 'PBP' type. I'll be on the phone to them first thing tomorrow >:(

Mine arrived today, but they sent the standard AUK jersey and not the PBP one, even though the label sticker (handwritten) says PBP....

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #111 on: 30 May, 2011, 02:29:48 pm »
Looks like they may have done this to all the orders then as mine arrived yesterday.I was really excited realising it was from Impsport so should be my bright shiny new PBP jersey.What a let down when I found they'd sent a standard AUK jersey even though the delivery note clearly said 'PBP' type. I'll be on the phone to them first thing tomorrow >:(

That's pretty sh*t service, perhaps someone from AUK should be getting in touch with them considering how much business they are putting their way.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #112 on: 30 May, 2011, 07:53:37 pm »
After leaving a phone message for them I got an apologetic e-mail last night and have despatched the jersey back to them for replacement today.So far they have at least been very prompt in endeavouring to put right the mistake so hopefully I may have the right one very soon :thumbsup:

That's pretty sh*t service, perhaps someone from AUK should be getting in touch with them considering how much business they are putting their way.

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #113 on: 07 June, 2011, 11:31:25 am »
So has anyone got the actual shirt yet? I'd like to see a real picture of a real shirt if possible before I order mine.

« Reply #114 on: 07 June, 2011, 05:26:44 pm »
why AUK use impsport i really dont know!!  you pay loads of money for crap service,jerseys that are very poorly made and now you dont even get the right top.took them 6 months to make our club tops, they lost the order 3 times!!

« Reply #115 on: 07 June, 2011, 06:20:09 pm »
Am I the only one who is really going off the idea of these jerseys?
Despite the good design, I think I'll save the cost of the shirt and add it to my fund for a top notch pair of shorts...

I'll be surprised if there is a significant order for these by the end of June. As we all seem to have our 'national' Pbp jerseys already.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #116 on: 07 June, 2011, 06:24:10 pm »
So has anyone got the actual shirt yet? I'd like to see a real picture of a real shirt if possible before I order mine.

+1.  HK is fairly scathing about Impsport also.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #117 on: 07 June, 2011, 06:27:51 pm »
I cannot order because I don't have a credit card (and Dutch Maestro is not British Maestro in this case).
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #118 on: 08 June, 2011, 03:57:29 pm »
After leaving a phone message for them I got an apologetic e-mail last night and have despatched the jersey back to them for replacement today.So far they have at least been very prompt in endeavouring to put right the mistake so hopefully I may have the right one very soon :thumbsup:

Yes, Impsport seem good at ‘correcting’ problems; it is just a pity the problems existed in the 1st place.  I bought some Club waisted winter longs 2 yrs ago, which were so short, they slipped down being pulled down by the foot loops.  At no cost to me, they supplied a new pair with longer (my length) leg and included bib top.  Now very warm and comfy.
Having just (OD600) PBP-Q’d I might indulge in the AUK (National) Jersey option and await outcome of meg-ex experience.  Not at all happy with the AUK (England) final design.

SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #119 on: 08 June, 2011, 07:15:01 pm »
To update. I had a further e-mail from Impsport confirming they were now in the process of making the correct jerseys and I would receive mine within the next two weeks max.That puts an anticipated date of no later than 20th June but hopefully earlier.

I'll report back when there is news.Meanwhile I'd better toddle of and get my last qualifier done this weekend 8)

Good luck to anyone else doing the same. :thumbsup:

Yes, Impsport seem good at ‘correcting’ problems; it is just a pity the problems existed in the 1st place.  I bought some Club waisted winter longs 2 yrs ago, which were so short, they slipped down being pulled down by the foot loops.  At no cost to me, they supplied a new pair with longer (my length) leg and included bib top.  Now very warm and comfy.
Having just (OD600) PBP-Q’d I might indulge in the AUK (National) Jersey option and await outcome of meg-ex experience.  Not at all happy with the AUK (England) final design.

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #120 on: 15 June, 2011, 05:47:32 pm »
Replacement jersey safely received today so ahead of their 2 week estimate. It seems a little lighter blue than the website picture and does have some rather large bold black and red Impsport logos on the shoulders which tend to overshadow the quite small Paris-Brest-Paris written in much more delicate font on the chest and pockets but overall a pretty good design and should be easily spotted up the road.

To update. I had a further e-mail from Impsport confirming they were now in the process of making the correct jerseys and I would receive mine within the next two weeks max.That puts an anticipated date of no later than 20th June but hopefully earlier.

I'll report back when there is news.Meanwhile I'd better toddle of and get my last qualifier done this weekend 8)

Good luck to anyone else doing the same. :thumbsup:

Yes, Impsport seem good at ‘correcting’ problems; it is just a pity the problems existed in the 1st place.  I bought some Club waisted winter longs 2 yrs ago, which were so short, they slipped down being pulled down by the foot loops.  At no cost to me, they supplied a new pair with longer (my length) leg and included bib top.  Now very warm and comfy.
Having just (OD600) PBP-Q’d I might indulge in the AUK (National) Jersey option and await outcome of meg-ex experience.  Not at all happy with the AUK (England) final design.

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #121 on: 15 June, 2011, 06:17:58 pm »
Replacement jersey safely received today so ahead of their 2 week estimate. It seems a little lighter blue than the website picture and does have some rather large bold black and red Impsport logos on the shoulders which tend to overshadow the quite small Paris-Brest-Paris written in much more delicate font on the chest and pockets but overall a pretty good design and should be easily spotted up the road.

Any chance of a photo?  :)

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #122 on: 15 June, 2011, 09:41:46 pm »
My wife bought me one for my birthday. The blue and red are a little pale. The French flag is primary read and blue. That said I like the shirt and will wear it with pride.

Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #123 on: 15 July, 2011, 06:22:24 pm »
Anybody who has one of these jerseys want to put up a photo of the real thing, rather than the artist's impression on the Impsport website?
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

DanialW

« Reply #124 on: 16 July, 2011, 04:14:07 pm »
Damon took some photos of me, but I looked deranged so deleted them.

I'll try again, once the jersey's been in the wash.

I bought a L, and I'm quite broad shouldered (but narrow of waist). It fits me quite loosely.