Author Topic: More nominative determinism  (Read 51799 times)

Re: More nominative determinism
« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2019, 06:46:56 am »
Guess who is the Deputy Leader of the Green Party of Canada?

Daniel Green

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2019, 04:55:23 pm »
The Finance Editor of the NYT is one David Enrich.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2019, 07:34:54 pm »
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1178706066579832832?s=19

...of course nobody should surprised, not even the head of UKIP, Dick Braine.

Cudzoziemiec

• Dormant but requires tea
« Reply #353 on: October 12, 2019, 09:44:31 pm »
Went to parents evening at my son's school on Thursday. Teachers sitting in rooms by subject. In one room there were two teachers, Mr Fish and Mr Cony. It really should have been Biology (but it was Maths). (But his actual Biology teacher, who looks about 20, was wearing what appeared to be a genuine late 80s Casio digital watch in bling gold... !)
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2019, 12:59:06 pm »
Just received a letter from the DWP to inform me that although the UK is probably going to piss off out of the EU at Halloween, they will graciously continue to pay my meagre pension.  All very well, apart from the fact that they've got my name wrong: it's not Alcock. Summat in their system is, though.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2019, 02:15:20 pm »
Will it still be index-linked?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2019, 02:20:34 pm »
That depends. Is it Campag or Shimano?
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2019, 02:31:38 pm »
Remind me not to joke about patients' names...

I don't think I'm breaking confidentiality though when I state I once saw a patient with purple hair named Violet.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2019, 02:47:22 pm »

For three years, and thereafter "the government plans to negotiate an agreement to ensure" it will be "upgraded in the longer term", and we know how sincere they are about that.

Have since phoned them up: some low-grade labourer alcocked up a spreadsheet but not the database.  Interesting factlet: UK overseas pensions are paid via a US bank.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #359 on: November 22, 2019, 04:11:12 pm »

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #360 on: December 10, 2019, 03:25:24 pm »
How about some nominative antideterminism? A denier standing for the Greens (and you thought you'd escaped politics in the Pub; sorry!)
https://thetab.com/uk/bristol/2019/11/17/meet-carla-denyer-the-green-candidate-aiming-to-take-bristol-west-from-labour-38216

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #361 on: Yesterday at 04:18:06 pm »
How about some nominative antideterminism? A denier standing for the Greens (and you thought you'd escaped politics in the Pub; sorry!)
https://thetab.com/uk/bristol/2019/11/17/meet-carla-denyer-the-green-candidate-aiming-to-take-bristol-west-from-labour-38216
With the specs on she looks like Gareth Malone's sister.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.