Author Topic: Optical Symptoms - Migraines  (Read 8589 times)

Re: Optical Symptoms - Migraines
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2019, 06:32:21 am »
Ok, so despite working 7 days a week 12 hour days under a lot of stress and pressure, I've seen a 30-35% reduction. Severity is down, triptans effectiveness is up.
I sleep better and I poop better.  It's not a cure, but it's a significant improvement. This is after 2 doses. Would love to see what low pressure, more healthy lifestyle would do to it. (which is still a month or so away).

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2019, 10:15:51 pm »
And I'm currently experiencing migraine aura, probably the first time in more than a decade. A bit like this
[image snipped]

It feels wrong to refer to it as migraine, because I don't get any headache or nausea, and it doesn't last more than 30 minutes or so. For me it's just a minor inconvenience, compared to what others suffer. But migraine is what the neurologist called it, and who am I to argue?

And in the time it's taken to compose this post, it's almost gone.

And I'm currently experiencing the first since that one. So just over a year ago.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2019, 11:22:46 pm »
You can have migraines with just aura and no headache etc. I rarely get aura - maybe once every 2 years or so, but often don't get a headache after, just severe photosensitivity...

Delighted to see improvement for you Jakob. My review with migraine clinic was pushed from Feb to April so we'll see what they say then. I'm still struggling with lighting (more cheap shit flickering LEDs everywhere) and have given up on all the drugs including triptans which were worse than the migraines.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2019, 01:28:38 pm »
And I'm currently experiencing migraine aura, probably the first time in more than a decade. A bit like this
[image snipped]

It feels wrong to refer to it as migraine, because I don't get any headache or nausea, and it doesn't last more than 30 minutes or so. For me it's just a minor inconvenience, compared to what others suffer. But migraine is what the neurologist called it, and who am I to argue?

And I'm currently experiencing the first since that one. So just over a year ago.
And again today, this time for the first time ever with a headache.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2019, 02:26:25 pm »
I occasionally had patchy blind spots without headache.
Don't think I've had this since I stopped working >15 years ago.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2019, 02:18:40 pm »
[image snipped]

And again today, this time for the first time ever with a headache.
And today. Nothing for a year and now 3 in 4 days. The novelty is beginning to wear off.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2019, 05:13:46 pm »
GWS Salvatore!