Author Topic: Optical Symptoms - Migraines  (Read 12245 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Optical Symptoms - Migraines
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2019, 04:38:38 pm »
I've been sending scrambled birthday messages to Wow because I was hitting the wrong keys and could not see the right half of the world properly.

I think I'm better now.

Please forgive any gobbledygook!

I don't have a headache...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2019, 09:29:20 pm »
Ugh, hope your vision's back to normal and you don't get any other postdrome symptoms. I don't usually get much of a headache, more just pressure or occasionally weird jaw pain.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2019, 09:38:13 pm »
I'm very much back to normal now, thanks!

I generally need to be VERY stressed to have this.

I was.

I'm sure Wow will forgive my typing.

barakta

« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2019, 11:34:22 pm »
Sorry you had so much stress to trigger a migraine. I'm sure Wow will understand.

barakta

« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »
Migraine clinic appointment yesterday was a waste of time cos NICE have delayed their decision on CGRPs the latest meds... Nurse had been hoping for a decision by the time she saw me as my appt has been put back once from Feb to May then to July cos of hospital access issues ...

I've failed on at least 3 prophylactic treatment classes (anti depressant, beta blocker and anti-epileptic) and Nurse doesn't think botox is going to help and it would require several injections at the hospital with evil flickering lights (which I'm in legal complaint with them about now).

I had to have this appt at a different healthcentre cos hospital can't provide a spare room for me to wait in without evil flickering lighting in a fucking migraine clinic and they're refusing to fix the evil lighting (which I am pushing for). Healthcentre was 50% better, only evil lighting in corridor but I won't be able to access any treatment at there... So that's an element to add to complaint (I'm trying to get the trust to comply with the basics of the accessible information standard and Equality Act with simple not expensive changes to practice which they should be doing anyway).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2019, 03:04:12 pm »
That really is shit, barakta!

Really hope you get better treatment and environment!

barakta

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2019, 09:45:41 pm »
Thanks. I've got the nurse to send me/GP the protocol for propanalol for migraine as I figure retrying that is worth a try as the last time I used it was 1994 and from talking to the nurse I probably wasn't on a high enough dose for long enough. Also it doesn't involve blood tests and I suspect my GP would agree to prescribe. Worst case it doesn't help or has side effects...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2019, 12:06:39 am »
Good luck! Propranolol is cheap (I think but Brexit/Trumponomics might change this) so your GP won't be deterred on this count.