Author Topic: Upright Tadpoles?  (Read 752 times)

Upright Tadpoles?
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:00:18 am »
Anyone ever ridden/know anything about Newton (Roman Road) trike conversions?

There's one FS on CTC that ain't too far away. The frame is too big for me but it's the bolt-on version so a swap shouldn't be too tricky!
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

Re: Upright Tadpoles?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »
Mrs 109 and I did a conversion of a frame kindly donated by Mal Volio, by Roman Road, so it was brazed, not any kind of bolt on arrangement.  The Akermann steering make the handling very easy and predictable, whereas I couldn't manage a conventional trike at all!  I'll try and dig out a photo if I can.  Highly recommended.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 12:29:28 pm »
Thanks! I did (sort of) master a delta upright. Altho it was good fun it was quite hard work on an occasional basis and I concluded that only practical if gave up two wheelers completely!  As a concept however I liked the 3 wheel experience.
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »
Mrs 109 and I did a conversion of a frame kindly donated by Mal Volio, by Roman Road, so it was brazed, not any kind of bolt on arrangement.  The Akermann steering make the handling very easy and predictable, whereas I couldn't manage a conventional trike at all!  I'll try and dig out a photo if I can.  Highly recommended.

Some lunatic seems to have got hold of it....
Our son does know who Boz Scaggs is, we've done ok as parents.