Author Topic: Titanium Bike makers  (Read 64762 times)

Re: Titanium Bike makers
« Reply #175 on: 15 May, 2011, 06:17:53 pm »
Which one do you have?

Hmm. Look nice, but it's either a road fork with tight clearances & no mudguard eyes, or a full-on touring fork with space for heavy-duty tyres, cantilever & what look like low-rider bosses, & rack as well as mudguard eyes. What I'd really like is something in between - let's call it an Audax fork. Just the mudguard eyes, please, & clearance for moderate tyres & mudguards.

€440!

Wound-Up composites in the US do precisely what you want.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #176 on: 15 May, 2011, 07:58:07 pm »
Hmm. $500 or so, plus $50 for the mudguard eyes!

How about something like these instead :

eXotic 700c Carbon Trekking Fork with Disc & V Mounts | eBay UK

« Reply #177 on: 15 May, 2011, 08:01:02 pm »
I think it was titanium forkage folks were after.
I would certainly be in the market for a ti fork so long as it didn't look like 2 cyclinders joined together at the top.

« Reply #178 on: 15 May, 2011, 09:50:13 pm »
Ah. Didn't see much titanium on the Wound Up Composites site, but remembered the Exotic fork looked vaguely similar for about 1/3 the price ...

« Reply #179 on: 16 May, 2011, 07:16:06 pm »
I think it was titanium forkage folks were after.
I would certainly be in the market for a ti fork so long as it didn't look like 2 cyclinders joined together at the top.
Tends to be the rule, I'm afraid.

This is the Russian-made fork that Burls sells. Mudguard eyes are an option, & I think there may be some flexibility over the offset. About £300, I think.

Justin Burls will be at the Bespoked show in Bristol on June 11th-12th. You're not far from there, IIRC. Might be an opportunity to ask a few questions.
http://www.bespokedbristol.co.uk/Bespoked_BristolThe_UK_Handmade_and_Boutique_Bicycle_Show_2011.html
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

LindaG

« Reply #180 on: 22 August, 2012, 10:32:53 am »
Daisyhill's new titanium tourer is luuuurvely.  Spa Cycles.  She let me ride it, and I rode up Maltby Bank on it.  Then turned round and did it again. Because I could.

*Want*

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #181 on: 22 August, 2012, 11:14:22 am »
Nice
Getting there...