Author Topic: New commute route  (Read 3528 times)

Alouicious

New commute route
« on: 02 March, 2011, 07:16:13 am »
Have changed my commute to work.
I have joined a Country leisure club 14.5 miles from work, from where I can ride from while my car is parked safely.

There are three LTs, one RT, four LaTs, two RaTs, one SOaIsland, one RaIsland, one Cyclepath underpass and NO TLs.

No TLs. I don't have to RLJ again.....

MartinGT

Re: New commute route
« Reply #1 on: 02 March, 2011, 08:18:40 am »
Have changed my commute to work.
I have joined a Country leisure club 14.5 miles from work, from where I can ride from while my car is parked safely.

There are three LTs, one RT, four LaTs, two RaTs, one SOaIsland, one RaIsland, one Cyclepath underpass and NO TLs.

No TLs. I don't have to RLJ again.....

???

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 02 March, 2011, 09:56:22 am »
I don't have to either.  ???
Getting there...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #3 on: 02 March, 2011, 10:02:24 am »
I don't have to either.  ???

Neither do I  ???

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #4 on: 02 March, 2011, 10:10:00 am »
I don't have to either.  ???

Neither do I  ???

Add another  ???

I have around 100 sets of traffic lights on a standard, round-trip London commute and I have never had to go through any of them on red.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #5 on: 02 March, 2011, 10:11:00 am »
Any bridges? Under or over...

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #6 on: 02 March, 2011, 10:13:34 am »
Same as you lot.

Si_Co

« Reply #7 on: 02 March, 2011, 10:38:55 am »
I don't have to RLJ again.....

Wasn't aware it was compulsory.........but it explains why i get so many odd looks from motons when i stop for the lights on st walburghas roundabout

MartinGT

« Reply #8 on: 02 March, 2011, 10:45:35 am »
A few weeks back I stopped at some RL and someone went into the back of me and asked "Why the f**k are you stopping?"
 :o

Alouicious

« Reply #9 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:08:03 am »
A few weeks back I stopped at some RL and someone went into the back of me and asked "Why the f**k are you stopping?"

Golden rule 5. 'Never stand still in front of a moving car'.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #10 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:09:46 am »
Golden Rule No.1  Don't talk crap when you haven't a clue what you're going on about.
Getting there...

MartinGT

« Reply #11 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:32:52 am »

It was another cyclist.  Cars generally do stop at red lights!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #12 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:47:47 am »
Not on my route!  Loads of RLJing from motorists of all stripes.

Though it was fairly obvious you meant a cyclist in your case.  Too many of those on my commute too.
Getting there...

Alouicious

« Reply #13 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:50:28 am »

'Generally' does not mean 'Always'.

« Reply #14 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:57:25 am »

'Generally' does not mean 'Always'.

That's possibly the thinnest excuse for RLJ-ing I've ever heard.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Alouicious

« Reply #15 on: 02 March, 2011, 11:59:05 am »

Obvious it was another cyclist...... ??

You've 'obviously' got little experience of group riding, with other cyclists or amongst cars. When intending to stop, its a good idea to glance round and signal.
Most bicycles don't have a brake activated lamp, so how are the folks following supposed to know what you gonna do?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #16 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:02:08 pm »
Maybe the RED LIGHT is a clue?  Nobody should be closely drafting in traffic - especially when they don't know the person in front.  And everybody should be watching out for hazards and anticipating.

Exactly the way I spotted something deeply illegal and unexpected, and managed to not get mown down.

Frankly, anyone with inadequate lights who likes to RLJ and doesn't expect to look ahead and anticipate gets what's coming.
Getting there...

« Reply #17 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:02:30 pm »
bollocks (to the teddy bear's msg). It is not necessary to signal a stop when approaching a red light.

It is up to the following cyclist/motorist/horse rider to maintain a safe braking distance.

Actually, I *do* stand in front of moving cars. Whenever I see the *uckers driving through a ped crossing, against a red light. Ditto cyclists. I'm a bolshy sod.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Alouicious

« Reply #18 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:03:46 pm »
On my old commute route, there was a Pelicon crossing. Every morning it was invariably on green for me to progress.
Some mornings, when time was relaxed, I'd stop and press the button. When the lamps turned red, I'd ride across against the red for the hell of it.

MartinGT

« Reply #19 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:05:46 pm »

You've 'obviously' got little experience of group riding, with other cyclists or amongst cars. When intending to stop, its a good idea to glance round and signal.
Most bicycles don't have a brake activated lamp, so how are the folks following supposed to know what you gonna do?

Haha youre on a good troll dude, keep it up  :thumbsup:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #20 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »
On my old commute route, there was a Pelicon crossing. Every morning it was invariably on green for me to progress.
Some mornings, when time was relaxed, I'd stop and press the button. When the lamps turned red, I'd ride across against the red for the hell of it.

WTF? Why? ???
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #21 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:07:44 pm »
Shame.  I never had time for Sebastian Flyte, but I thought Alouicious had more sense.  If you're head's full of stuffing, what can we expect?
Getting there...

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #22 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:23:46 pm »

You live under bridges and should watch out for the billy goats gruff.  Welcome to my ignore list :)

Alouicious

« Reply #23 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:27:35 pm »

This is not 'trolling'. Its called "Humour". Not enough of it on cycle chatboards.

There's one thing bad about my new route. Its bloody lonely. Only the final three miles do I see other traffic, and only one mile of it is street lit.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #24 on: 02 March, 2011, 12:34:02 pm »

This is not 'trolling'. Its called "Humour". Not enough of it on cycle chatboards.

There's one thing bad about my new route. Its bloody lonely. Only the final three miles do I see other traffic, and only one mile of it is street lit.

Ahh. You just need someone to take you home and make sweet continental love to you.