Author Topic: Posted/Web CTC Competion Results  (Read 2435 times)

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
Posted/Web CTC Competion Results
« on: 19 March, 2011, 07:50:12 am »
Hi. having never taken any interest in the CTC competion I maybe asking a dumb question.

In 2009 I received in the post the CTC competion results for 2008. Nice I thought, and my name was in it with 1000's of others, though odd as I had never recieved anything in the post on previous years. More odd I have never recieved anything in the post since either although I'm a member.

Question is why ? checked the web on CTC and  didnt find anything although I have never logged in to CTC before so I registered and creatated an account on the campaign page.

Thanks.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
Re: Posted/Web CTC Competion Results
« Reply #1 on: 19 March, 2011, 08:33:24 am »
I may have been subscribing to CTC's journal Northern Wheel at the time ? Not sure ?

« Reply #2 on: 19 March, 2011, 08:47:35 am »
I'm not sure about this, but I think they only mail people who have above a certain number of points.  You probably got a badge, too.

I've never gone out of my way to achieve points in what used to be called the DA Tourist Competition, or DATC, but many of the audaxes I enter are registered, so I'm quite often well up the list (as will be many regular audaxers).

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #3 on: 19 March, 2011, 08:07:45 pm »
Thanks Phil d .

« Reply #4 on: 19 March, 2011, 08:34:58 pm »
I'm not sure about this, but I think they only mail people who have above a certain number of points.  You probably got a badge, too.

50 points is the magic number.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #5 on: 19 March, 2011, 09:01:42 pm »
50 points ? Do the CTC points work different than Audax points ? Sorry Ian still non the wiser.

Checked CTC again and still can't find any results

Thanks

« Reply #6 on: 19 March, 2011, 09:20:38 pm »
50 points ? Do the CTC points work different than Audax points ? Sorry Ian still non the wiser.

Checked CTC again and still can't find any results

Thanks

CTC Tourist Competition

Might you have organised a qualifying event? That's the other reason for receiving the results.

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #7 on: 20 March, 2011, 12:49:37 am »
Thanks Ian. Fog head moment ! All I needed to do was Google  CTC Tourist Competion ha ha

All the info's there though I m not on the list. Oh well. Not sure why though as I did 14 AUK events ?
I 'll have to do some homework and find out whats going on.

Thanks. John

« Reply #8 on: 20 March, 2011, 08:04:44 am »
Audax points would only count in the CTC competition if the events were registered with CTC for that purpose.  Which largely means events put on by CTC groups.  And only those between March 1st and October 31st count anyway (those dates might not be quite correct)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #9 on: 20 March, 2011, 03:49:12 pm »

50 points is the magic number.
It is indeed. I got a letter and a form to purchase a medal (first time in 4 years of heavy Audaxing). I got nowhere near 50 AUK points - the rules are utterly different.

(And I beat Hummers. )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #10 on: 29 March, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »
(And I beat Hummers. )

Had I known I was in competition with you, I may have tried to ride my bike a bit more but more than that,  now feel ashamed that I didn't bother to claim any DIY events or route checks as events for the last season (18 points).

Well done you though.

H

« Reply #11 on: 29 March, 2011, 01:51:10 pm »
First point aside, he's talking about DATC points not AUK points. You can't claim DATC points for DIY rides...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Hummers

« Reply #12 on: 29 March, 2011, 01:55:20 pm »
First point aside, he's talking about DATC points not AUK points. You can't claim DATC points for DIY rides...

There, you see my life is just one missed opportunity after another.

If only I knew what this competition was, that I had entered it and where to look for the results, I may have stood a chance.

Curse my bad luck.

H

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #13 on: 29 March, 2011, 02:02:03 pm »
Well done you though.

Much appreciated. Winning isn't the measure of  a man - it's how he behaves after crushing defeat by a superior opponent.

Best of luck next season.  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Hummers

« Reply #14 on: 29 March, 2011, 02:10:12 pm »
Well done you though.

Much appreciated. Winning isn't the measure of  a man - it's how he behaves after crushing defeat by a superior opponent.

Best of luck next season.  :thumbsup:

I am too upset to repsond for the moment but thank you for noting my dignity in such a difficult moment of revelation.

I mean, to be beaten by mattc at anything

:-[

H

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #15 on: 29 March, 2011, 02:30:42 pm »
Getting there...

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #16 on: 29 March, 2011, 02:37:35 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6PQ6335puOc&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/6PQ6335puOc&rel=1</a>

Hummers

« Reply #17 on: 29 March, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
Conan the Vegetarian

H