Author Topic: Fred Perry Cycling Range  (Read 4702 times)

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
Fred Perry Cycling Range
« on: 11 April, 2011, 11:22:32 pm »
I ve always been a fan of Fred Perry, as hes from my home town and as I was born & grew up in the 70s buying his shirts.

I was in his shop at the weekend and theres a new limited addition range out dedidcated to cycling with rear back pockets

What Fred Perry and cycling have in common I have no idea but I couldnt help myself from taking a few pics. Thought Id share em.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Fred Perry Cycling Range
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2011, 09:18:29 am »
Well, why not, eh?  They look pretty stylish.  Shame they don't have longer tails.
Getting there...

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #2 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:07:01 pm »
They look too self-consciously retro to me, like team jerseys of teams that never existed.

That red, white and blue one looks exactly the Cardiff Ajax of a few years ago.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2011, 02:15:27 pm »
yes, but I am given to understand that faux-retro is all the go with the swingingest bright young things these days.
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2011, 06:36:32 pm »
It reminds me of the video for 'My Ever Changing Moods' by the Style Council.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMLoUTBy47U
There's nothing new in retro.

« Reply #5 on: 12 April, 2011, 06:51:24 pm »
I like them, and i have a friend that works for Fred Perry aswell, i wonder how much discount i can get :thumbsup: They look jolly nice to me

Don't question. It makes people angry.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #6 on: 12 April, 2011, 07:27:40 pm »
I'm a fan of Fred Perry shirts in general, so one of these would be pretty cool in a "popping down to the shops" kind of way. Better than a t-shirt, not as dorky as a cycling jersey. If I could get that one that looks like my club's old one...

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #7 on: 16 July, 2012, 09:00:58 am »
The Bradley Wiggins range has just been launched. Very nice but £65 is a bit steep!
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #8 on: 18 July, 2012, 06:01:52 pm »
The Bradley Wiggins range has just been launched. Very nice but £65 is a bit steep!
The 1964 Sky cycling shirt is a bit odd.  I didn't know we even had satellite TV then.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #9 on: 18 July, 2012, 09:49:58 pm »

Maybe in comparison with what is occasionally available in Aldi or Lidl, but compared with what you'd have to shell out for Rapha or A$$o$, that's not too bad.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #10 on: 19 July, 2012, 11:25:55 am »

Maybe in comparison with what is occasionally available in Aldi or Lidl, but compared with what you'd have to shell out for Rapha or A$$o$, that's not too bad.

Horses for courses.... I'm not sure that I'd consider combed cotton a performance material. Which makes me think FP is not aiming itself at the same share of the market as Assos or Rapha.
As someone said up-thread - fine for nipping down to the shops, maybe less so for a day in the saddle.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #11 on: 19 July, 2012, 11:50:50 am »
Here's one from the Wiggins range:

●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #12 on: 19 July, 2012, 12:15:47 pm »
Cotton works quite well in hot weather, so not too good for a British summer. I preferred T-shirt jerseys to plastic/ Coolmax ones for Aussie summers.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #13 on: 19 July, 2012, 06:53:10 pm »
I think they're just intended for casual wear like a normal polo shirt rather than being performance cycling shirts.

I refuse to pay £55 for a FP polo shirt so I wouldn't pay the extra for one of these (lottery win notwithstanding!)
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #14 on: 19 July, 2012, 07:06:06 pm »

The Rapha jersey that ITV4 have as a TdF competition prize is £130.  You could get almost four YACF jerseys for that  :)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.