Author Topic: Flights of Fancy  (Read 6382 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Re: Flights of Fancy
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2018, 10:29:12 pm »
Haven't sorted out an alternative to flickr/smaug mug yet so you'll have to make do with the thumbnails at the bottom of this post.

http://www.hippocketaeronautics.com/hpa_forum/index.php?topic=11333.msg234731#msg234731
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

TheLurker

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2019, 08:00:00 pm »
Ordinarily this sort of thing should go in the "I'm a Div" thread, but it's a bit niche so it's here.

Everything seemed to be going so well too.  Read how things degenerate after this post.  Who forgot to check the source plan against a three view?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2019, 10:07:32 pm »
:D :D :D
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #78 on: Yesterday at 11:28:26 am »
"Access Forbidden"

That which Man was Not Meant to Know?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

spesh

• Mental floss tycoon
« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 12:09:49 pm »
"Access Forbidden"

There's Lurker's problem, the source plan's geometry was non-Euclidian.  :demon:

Joking apart, the link works for me, so maybe the server had a funny five minutes...
This is not The Greatest Sig Line in the World, no.
This is just a tribute.

TheLurker

« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 01:22:41 pm »
"Access Forbidden"

Aye, look not upon these works mortal lest ye be forever accursed. :)

Have another go, there have been intermittent probs. with the HPA server.  You should have read access.

« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 01:53:28 pm »
I'm saying nothing.  The one I have like this is in the attic, stripped of everything re-usable.  After only 2 flights.  That's a couple of hundred hours I'll never get back.

TheLurker

« Reply #82 on: Today at 07:26:09 am »
Quote from: AndyTheFlyer
... That's a couple of hundred hours I'll never get back.
That must be deeply galling.  I'm not too upset as there's not that much sunk cost in this one and it was planned as a shakedown build of the plan to take account of revisions I'd made so the possibility of it being a complete failure was built into my expectations.  It's more a case of feeling very silly for having taken on trust a plan of a type in active service drawn up in the middle of a war with very few or no decent reference documents available.

Anyway, after much swithering I've redrawn the fuselage plan.  If you hop over to my build thread on HPA my last post has a couple  of attachments showing the current state of things.  There's a "make it bigger button" on the thumbnail viewer which I recommend you click if you do have a dekko. There still some minor tinkering to be done, odd gusset here and there, shuffling of UC mounting points, but I should be in a position to start on a new fuselage in the next few days.

Lurk.