Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 659536 times)

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #11275 on: July 04, 2019, 09:25:21 am »
On that theme...

Neighbours (well, not really, their garden is one over from the bottom of ours) have been building some weird decking structure up their garden for months now. Looks awful and I'm not sure the point, other than provide what looks like an Olympic stadium venue for the local rat population. Anyway, I swear they spend entire Sunday mornings just hitting it with a hammer.

They also have what might be 50 dogs and a similar number of children. Bark. Bark. Interspersed with 'come on boy, come on' and the usual. All the time. We're quite a way away, if I were their actual neighbour, I'd have probably murdered them by now. The rats would dispose of the evidence.

And again, after a hiatus of many years, Bad Cat (who can't hunt for toffee) bought in another big fat mouse last night. Elusive bugger, got behind the wine rack (I had forgotten we had wine, it's probably aging worse than I am), so my normal tail-grabbing wrangling technique didn't work. I used a feather duster to evict into the porch where it probably still is. I'm hoping if I leave the porch door open it'll vacate. The last time we did this, the mouse refused to budge, partly through the fact it had eaten about a kilogram of cat food.

But I'm sure the upsurge in local rodents has nothing to do with that giant poop deck.
!nataS pihsroW

Guy

• Left-Wing Moonbat Green NAZI
« Reply #11276 on: July 04, 2019, 03:46:50 pm »
Microsith SharePoint  ??? :facepalm: :hand: ::-) :sick: :o >:( >:( >:(
What duck?

« Reply #11277 on: July 04, 2019, 04:15:39 pm »
Microsith SharePoint  ??? :facepalm: :hand: ::-) :sick: :o >:( >:( >:(

Have you discovered the joy that is Microsith Teams yet? It appears to be the bastard love child of sharepoint and facebook*  :facepalm: ::-)

* says someone whose exposure to Mr Zuckerberg's walled garden can be measured in milliseconds

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #11278 on: July 04, 2019, 08:30:46 pm »
Yes.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #11279 on: July 04, 2019, 08:43:59 pm »
Whoo, a software horror to which we're not exposed.

I did use SharePoint some years ago. I think I'm repressing most knowledge of that particular trauma. I think they rebadged the less worse bits in OneDrive (it seems to spit out occasional SharePoint links, like it's been fed something nasty).

The current IT policy is that we should keep all our files on OneDrive. They've not explained what happens if we happen to be anywhere without internet.
!nataS pihsroW

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #11280 on: July 06, 2019, 10:55:33 am »
My Brompton has been in Dublin for three (edit: four) hours with only a tweaked chainring (and Al guard) but HK's MTB may not have even left Heathrow yet. Airline denies all knowledge of the bike's whereabouts. Dublin Airport is not that interesting!

Happily we taking the ferry/ train for the return trip.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #11281 on: July 06, 2019, 12:39:12 pm »
Oh dear! I see too many stories of bicycles failing to arrive.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #11282 on: July 06, 2019, 02:47:23 pm »
After five hours in the airport, HK is on the move towards her hotel. I missed the early train and the middle train, so now waiting for the late train. If the drizzle stopped, I might have enjoyed exploring Dublin but holing up somewhere eating and drinking till 18:00 is the plan. Any suggestions?

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #11283 on: July 06, 2019, 02:56:15 pm »
Don't fall in the Liffey.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #11284 on: July 06, 2019, 02:59:47 pm »
Roger, wilco that!

I passed a surprising number of interesting-looking bike shops between Dublin airport and Heuston station.

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #11285 on: July 07, 2019, 01:47:50 pm »
Sport.tvfranceinfo.com TdF coverage: 84 sec of adverts play perfectly, then the live feed cuts out after 20 seconds.  :( Hit refresh and if you're lucky you get another 84 sec of ads.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #11286 on: July 07, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »
Sport.tvfranceinfo.com TdF coverage: 84 sec of adverts play perfectly, then the live feed cuts out after 20 seconds.  :( Hit refresh and if you're lucky you get another 84 sec of ads.

Use P@nd3m1c Pr0duckt10nzTM®'s coverage.  No advertising, guaranteed!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #11287 on: July 07, 2019, 07:14:05 pm »
LAwnmower height adjustment decided to self-destruct today.

May be recoverable, looks like just a pin has gone.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Tea tank
« Reply #11288 on: July 08, 2019, 03:16:00 pm »

Use P@nd3m1c Pr0duckt10nzTM®'s coverage.  No advertising, guaranteed!

Yeah but there's no blood on the road unless Bethany's mum gets stroppy.

« Reply #11289 on: July 11, 2019, 06:55:27 pm »
In a poor bit of planning on my part I am on the rota to prepare lunch at Church on Sunday. This means that I shall not be able to spend the day watching the only terrestrial tv cricket broadcast for years.   :facepalm:

« Reply #11290 on: July 11, 2019, 10:22:57 pm »
In a poor bit of planning on my part I am on the rota to prepare lunch at Church on Sunday. This means that I shall not be able to spend the day watching the only terrestrial tv cricket broadcast for years.   :facepalm:
While I feel sorry for your poor planning abilities, I can console you with the knowledge that I shall also miss the opportunity as I will be driving back from a long overdue visit to elderly parents in Yorkshire. With luck, though I’m not hopeful, the roads will be quieter as others take up said opportunity.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.