Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1647351 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #17475 on: 13 May, 2024, 06:56:06 pm »
The day after we of the Democratic Ruthless Bastards Party seize control of the means of production we will be tasking the Sweeney with tracking down the people who:
  • Pluck items from supermarket shelves, and
  • Peer at them myopically, and
  • Put them back somewhere other than where they originated
and smashing up their living rooms on a basis both frequent and regular until they get the message and emigrate.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #17476 on: 13 May, 2024, 08:07:41 pm »
The day after we of the Democratic Ruthless Bastards Party seize control of the means of production we will be tasking the Sweeney with tracking down the people who:
and smashing up their living rooms on a basis both frequent and regular until they get the message and emigrate.
Did somebody inadvertently buy the wrong (miss-shelved) product?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #17477 on: 13 May, 2024, 09:50:49 pm »
Its the myopia. Shhh, don’t tell him.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #17478 on: 13 May, 2024, 10:47:18 pm »
With an added hundred lines for those scallywags who pick up Object A, then notice a short date version of Object A on the Dead Food Shelf, take the short date reduced with bright yellow sticker version and leave the full price version in its place. The jolly funsters that they are.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #17479 on: 14 May, 2024, 01:42:15 am »

Oh nonononononononoyes.

« Reply #17480 on: 14 May, 2024, 08:59:44 am »

Oh nonononononononoyes.

I once did this with wine.

MrsC was not impressed with the 0% alcohol bottle I presented to her.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #17481 on: 14 May, 2024, 09:58:21 am »
Can you extend this to the people who pick up a book, whether in a bookshop or a library, from Authors: A and replace it at Authors: D, or from History and replace it at Medical Sciences, etc, ect, and moreover so on? Thank you.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #17482 on: 14 May, 2024, 02:30:57 pm »
Can you extend this to the people who pick up a book, whether in a bookshop or a library, from Authors: A and replace it at Authors: D, or from History and replace it at Medical Sciences, etc, ect, and moreover so on? Thank you.

I think in Waterstones it's the staff that do that...  either that or they're employing semi-literate school leavers.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #17483 on: 15 May, 2024, 01:35:18 pm »
London Borough of Waltham Forest, u bunch of useless workshy twats: why cannot your webby SCIENCE tell me when my brown bin is next due for collection?  Black bin: yes.  Green bin: yes.  Brown bin: no, other than “fortnightly”.  I do not wish to leave the aforementioned brown bin on the pavement for eight days, y'see.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #17484 on: 15 May, 2024, 03:26:06 pm »
I think you will find leaving it out for 21 days will at least match one of these fortnightly days, unless there a bank holiday, then it's everyone's guess ;)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #17485 on: 15 May, 2024, 06:25:34 pm »
Quote from: Regulator
<snip...>
Quote from: Cudzoziemiec

I think in Waterstones it's the staff that do that...  either that or they're employing semi-literate school leavers.
They have form.  Waterstones, Bath, early 1988.  All the astrology books in the popular science section.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #17486 on: 16 May, 2024, 01:27:26 am »
“Shittens!” exclaimed Mr Larrington on looking at the small print in the bumf he got sent by BRITISH Airways this arvo.  “It's an A380, which means clearing immigration at SFO will likely take three hours instead of the 90 minutes it took in 2022!”

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #17487 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:42:12 am »
That’s only because as an Airbus, it’s more likely to arrive with all its doors still closed than if it were a Boeing.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #17488 on: 16 May, 2024, 11:55:48 am »
As one door closes, another opens — Boeing corporate slogan

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #17489 on: 16 May, 2024, 03:19:44 pm »
Just had lunch in a café between Trento and Venice in a quaint town with a castle.

The café was freshly decorated and the focaccia bread was lovely.

When I went to use the loo it was just a hole in the ground! I managed, just, but wonder what an old person would do. The loo roll dispenser was empty and so was the hand towel dispenser after I had washed my hands.

First time I’ve used one of those loos and I am nearly 53!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #17490 on: 16 May, 2024, 05:09:39 pm »
As one door opens, another opens — Boeing corporate slogan
FTFY
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #17491 on: 16 May, 2024, 07:53:20 pm »
Just had lunch in a café between Trento and Venice in a quaint town with a castle.

When I went to use the loo it was just a hole in the ground! I managed, just, but wonder what an old person would do. The loo roll dispenser was empty and so was the hand towel dispenser after I had washed my hands.

If you've travelled to southern Europe before, I'm very surprised at that. They used to be ubiquitous in smaller towns and roadside services
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #17492 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:14:56 pm »

Was there no shower hose/bum gun?

Loo roll is prevalent mostly amongst North Americans, North Europeans and non-indigenous Australians.
Everyone else washes.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #17493 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:33:26 pm »
There was no hose or anything. And there was a loo roll dispenser, it was empty.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #17494 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:57:56 pm »
I've been trying to persuade Pingu help me paint some of the old fence this summer so that I can buy and plant some climbers to grow up it. This evening I finally got round to starting sanding off the mossy bits. Got about half way through the offending section and one of the neighbours stopped me saying they were going to get some of the posts and or panels replaced.
So not only does this all go on hold again, but probably the plants that are already there are going to get trampled or dug up.
 :facepalm:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #17495 on: 16 May, 2024, 09:58:47 pm »
Partner’s mother originated not far away. Soundslike there ‘toilet nightmares’ when grandparents were visited...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #17496 on: 16 May, 2024, 10:08:18 pm »
The first time I went to France with Pingu in 1993 it feels like shower tray bogs were very common. As a naiive teen I used to send Pingu ahead to check on the bogs anywhere we visited to avoid me toilet angst.

These days I find them a lot less common/more civilised, but invariably when you come across one and can't wait someone's left a turd in it.  :-X
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #17497 on: 17 May, 2024, 06:05:35 am »
The first time I went to France with Pingu in 1993 it feels like shower tray bogs were very common. As a naiive teen I used to send Pingu ahead to check on the bogs anywhere we visited to avoid me toilet angst.

These days I find them a lot less common/more civilised, but invariably when you come across one and can't wait someone's left a turd in it.  :-X

The worst toilets I've ever seen, Hassi Messaoud Airport, I'd be surprised if you've not been there. Picture Mad Max and you're not far off.  For the toilets, take a deep breath, close your eyes if possible, I wouldn't even think about sitting down
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #17498 on: 17 May, 2024, 06:26:42 am »
When travelling as a kid I was send into campsites and restaurants to use the loo, mainly in France. To check on the wc situation because my mum refused to use a hole in the ground. And I'm nearly 54 ;)

In DK we call them French toilets and in France they call them toilet Turk, haven't found out what the Turkish call them.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #17499 on: 17 May, 2024, 08:33:17 am »
We call them footprint cludges.  Most memorable encounter I had with one was during UAF PBP in 2006: with 160+ people in the peloton we stopped in Sees, and the cathedral had one.  One sniff was enough.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight