Author Topic: Reader's Instruments  (Read 35980 times)

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
Re: Reader's Instruments
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2018, 09:22:24 am »
Thanks!  Unfortunately I couldn't try it for more that five minutes.  It was a Christmas present for my daughter, and she was here yesterday to pick it up. I made the bridge and put on the middle string about an hour before lunch and found I had a short somewhere. Worked for two hours after lunch to find it and finish stringing & testing. I got done at half-past four and she had to leave to catch her train five minutes later.

I've been going flat out at this guitar for the last two weeks. Utterly knackered last night, still am today.
Tout à gauche sur le plat

« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2018, 01:57:14 pm »
And then there were four:

Shop now looks like a bomb hit it.

I'll post a pic of my bench next time I'm doing an aeroplane build or refurb.  It really does look like a bomb hit it.....  At least you can see your bench top.

Mind you, my music teacher also services saxes, flutes and clarinets.  Her bench looks a bit like yours, come to think of it.  Must be a musical thing.

T42

• Gaulois réfractaire
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2018, 04:51:04 pm »
More like a blind panic thing.  There was meant to be a lizard transfer to the left of the strings but by the time I got that far my hands were shaking so much from the coffee I just gave it to the lass along with the guitar.
Tout à gauche sur le plat