Author Topic: Round The Year Randonneurs Log  (Read 252585 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Re: Round The Year Randonneurs Log
« Reply #1975 on: June 18, 2020, 05:50:18 pm »
The wording is

If you have been working towards a RRtY award, you will have a six month 'grace' period in which to restart the calendar and recommence your monthly rides. Once restarted, you will still need to complete your 12 rides in consecutive calendar months.

I and a few others have interpreted it as WycombeWheeler has

« Reply #1976 on: June 18, 2020, 06:02:55 pm »
A clarification was posted on Facebook today -

"At the time we suspended events, all RRtYs were frozen. So, if you had done 9 you still had 3 to be done in consecutive months. Once you have done those, you have your RRtY. We were aware that not everyone would be able to re-start from 1st August, especially with the lack of calendar events, so we decided that members could re-start their campaign at any point in the six months from 1st August and still achieve the RRtY so long as they rode a 200km in each of the remaining consecutive months. So, if you ride your first 200 of the 3 remaining ones in September then you have to ride in October and November as well. It's up to you alone when you restart. Riding a 200 does not automatically restart the clock but if you do choose to put it towards your RRtY you will need to continue 200s in consecutive months to complete the award. I hope that makes it a bit clearer."

« Reply #1977 on: June 18, 2020, 06:37:11 pm »
For me personally i will just start again it really doesn't sit right claiming it with a 4 month gap in the middle.
To me its no different to a injury etc , but, thats my own opinion.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #1978 on: June 18, 2020, 06:45:58 pm »
Ditto, sort of, though I wasn’t far into RRtY11 anyway. Whatever floats your boat is fine by me, if your opinion differs.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #1979 on: June 18, 2020, 06:46:17 pm »
Nice, so you get to nominate which BR(M) you ride between August and January restarts your RRTY.

Not that it affects me since my leg blew up the night before I was going to do my February ride.

huggy

• ACME GCFO +&+ Mr RRtY
    • ACME
« Reply #1980 on: June 30, 2020, 11:28:56 am »
Dear all RRtYers,
There is some new guidance on the resumption of RRtY series affected by the COVID-19 suspension.  Please go to this page which will be updated as necessary and read VERY carefully, then read it again:
https://audax.uk/awards-pages/randonneur-round-the-year/rrty-and-covid-19/

Refer to the FAQ before submitting a new question to me or the Event Services Director and if your question is not covered it will be added to the FAQs.

Yours sincerely,
RRtY Secretary
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax