Author Topic: Bristol YACF Pub Night  (Read 107450 times)

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
Re: Bristol YACF Pub Meet
« Reply #50 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:28:00 pm »

There is a lamp post outside, and park railings opposite. But it is an area of Bristol that I wouldn't even leave my dog tied up outside in  ;D

You've obviously spent too much time in Clifton. You need to go South or East to redefine "dodgy".

I don't think that temple meads is a good idea, bikes get damaged there and my audax bike was never left there.

Edit: cross post with Feline
Chief cat entertainer.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #51 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:29:59 pm »
First outing for the brompton, it's the only way. See you all there - I'll be really obvious and wear a cycling cap (no carnations) just to help things out ;D
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #52 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:34:03 pm »
I'll be there but late (7ish probably) I think. Need to ride home, dump stuff at flat (and get extra lock!) first.

« Reply #53 on: 31 May, 2011, 02:06:21 pm »
The pub will allow a few bikes in their backyard, smile nicely at landlord when you arrive  ;)

« Reply #54 on: 31 May, 2011, 02:15:16 pm »
Maybe we can do some bike and lock combining; several bikes locked together with several locks seem to me much more secure than a single bike and lock.

I'll be there, but later, as I'm working until 8pm in Kingswood.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #55 on: 01 June, 2011, 12:28:34 am »

It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #56 on: 01 June, 2011, 02:38:45 am »
Great pics Jaded.
I made good time on the way home considering all the beer and didn't even fall off once. I did attract the attention of a police car coming through my village, he wound down his winder and said 'that's a nice bright light'. I though he was going to ask me if I'd been drinking  :o

Tonight's route:

YACF Bristol pub meet by fujifeline at Garmin Connect - Details  

« Reply #57 on: 01 June, 2011, 08:44:30 am »
Excellent pics - I like the arty one of the bikes. Surely there is a picture missing? ;)

It would seem two locks was sufficient for the neighbourhood but I think GrahamG lost his cap - so if anyone picked it up my mistake...

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #58 on: 01 June, 2011, 09:19:01 am »
It was good to see you all. These are great photos Jaded.

Hopefully smurphboy think that audaxers can do pubs as well as bus shelters!

So last Tuesday of the month is now the Bristol yacf pub meet day.  :thumbsup:
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #59 on: 01 June, 2011, 09:27:01 am »
Yes, a very enjoyable evening.  Jaded was the only yacfer I had met before, so great to meet so many others.  The pics give a good impression of the evening.  Look forward to the next one.

« Reply #60 on: 01 June, 2011, 10:40:22 am »
It was good to see you all. These are great photos Jaded.

Hopefully smurphboy think that audaxers can do pubs as well as bus shelters!

So last Tuesday of the month is now the Bristol yacf pub meet day.  :thumbsup:

I just don't understand the attraction of a bus shelter... but yes, you guys do good pub!

Last Tuesday of the month sounds excellent!

JStone

• E=112
« Reply #61 on: 01 June, 2011, 10:50:01 am »
Enjoyed the evening & the photos - despite the shocking revelation of the amount of grey hair I'm carrying  :o
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

« Reply #62 on: 01 June, 2011, 03:32:41 pm »
Looks like a great meet up last night, I had been away on holiday for two weeks so only just saw the thread and message today (thanks Feline). We did have a Bristol Audax pub meet going all through the winter every second wednesday at the Annex Pub in Bishopston with around 10 or so riders not at this event so would be great to get the two groups combined. I will spread the word and see you at the next meet.

Re: Bristol YACF Pub Night Tues 28 June
« Reply #63 on: 01 June, 2011, 08:11:19 pm »
Great pics and glad you had a good evening. How was the beer ?

Next meet up the Tuesday 28th June, same pub or any suggestions for another one ?

I'll definitely be there for the next one, already marked on calendar  ;)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #64 on: 01 June, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »
It was a good evening and great to meet 6 (I think) new YACFers and 2 known ones. It makes the posts read a bit differently when you can put faces and (especially) voices to the words.  :)

I think the photo of the bikes is a bit too arty - it makes my bike look rather nice!

Oh, guess what? I managed to get all the way up Park St on the way home! Not sure whether this is proof of Feline's "alcohol as fuel" theory or rather a quiche-powered determination!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #65 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:21:41 am »
Oh, guess what? I managed to get all the way up Park St on the way home! Not sure whether this is proof of Feline's "alcohol as fuel" theory or rather a quiche-powered determination!

Good work!

I still think it is all in the mind. The alcohol just made you brave enough to tackle it. Next step - sleeping in a bus shelter for "fun"

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #66 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:25:31 am »
It isn't for fun though, surely?

It is because you are a bit tired?  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #67 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:28:35 am »
I think you're right that it is all, or almost all, in the mind. I would call it Dutch courage, but the Dutch don't have hills.  :D

An extra pint will get me all the way up Jacob's Wells, an extra two will send me to sleep in the fountains outside the Victoria Rooms.  ;D

« Reply #68 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:36:04 am »
I think you're right that it is all, or almost all, in the mind. I would call it Dutch courage, but the Dutch don't have hills.  :D

An extra pint will get me all the way up Jacob's Wells, an extra two will send me to sleep in the fountains outside the Victoria Rooms.  ;D

Having just been to a work do - I must confess that I looked in a longing fashion at the bus shelter outside Smiths in Clifton village tonight. It must be the G&T and not some repressed audax related desire... Am I a latent audaxer?  :facepalm:

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #69 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:39:13 am »

I just don't understand the attraction of a bus shelter...

When the white lines suddenly morph into rabbits going in all directions or worst some kind of paranormal creatures jumping at you, suddenly a bus shelter makes sense.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #70 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:42:29 am »

I just don't understand the attraction of a bus shelter...

When the white lines suddenly morph into rabbits going in all directions or worst some kind of paranormal creatures jumping at you, suddenly a bus shelter makes sense.

Don't worry, we will convert them all to audax soon muahahahhaa  :demon:  :demon:  :demon:

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #71 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:43:01 am »
The last bus shelter I stopped in (to eat a sandwich - I rapidly changed my mind) was full of toilet paper. Used. And a few condoms. Also used.

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #72 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:44:45 am »

Having just been to a work do - I must confess that I looked in a longing fashion at the bus shelter outside Smiths in Clifton village tonight. It must be the G&T and not some repressed audax related desire... Am I a latent audaxer?  :facepalm:

Beware you are on a slippery slope! One day you may end up at stupid o clock in the morning at Bulwark community centre discussing Bus shelters tactics as you are about to cycle across Wales twice.

The last bus shelter I stopped in (to eat a sandwich - I rapidly changed my mind) was full of toilet paper. Used. And a few condoms. Also used.

I bet this was a Bristolian bus shelter. You need to go out in the sticks to find quality shelters!
Chief cat entertainer.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #73 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:56:30 am »

I bet this was a Bristolian bus shelter. You need to go out in the sticks to find quality shelters!
Sadly, this was out in the sticks - the Polish sticks. Entertainment options are limited there!

« Reply #74 on: 02 June, 2011, 12:56:45 am »

Having just been to a work do - I must confess that I looked in a longing fashion at the bus shelter outside Smiths in Clifton village tonight. It must be the G&T and not some repressed audax related desire... Am I a latent audaxer?  :facepalm:

Beware you are on a slippery slope! One day you may end up at stupid o clock in the morning at Bulwark community centre discussing Bus shelters tactics as you are about to cycle across Wales twice.

Yes, and remember the old audax adage, if it smells like piss then it probably is  ;D