Author Topic: Bristol YACF Pub Night  (Read 108024 times)

Re: Bristol YACF Pub Meet
« Reply #25 on: 23 May, 2011, 06:58:40 pm »
Tuesday would work for me

« Reply #26 on: 23 May, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »
Okis, I can make it. although I am working the night shift on the Monday night (being a bank holiday and I'm an emergency and critical care vet and all that). Hopefully I can get home on the Tuesay morning, sleep, then ride back into Bristol without being too knackered :)

It will be great to meet some of the local yacfers I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting :)

« Reply #27 on: 23 May, 2011, 11:45:56 pm »
I think we need a date now...

Tuesday 31st?

Have just been reminded by Mrs Dinamo that the 31st is our wedding anniversary ( as if I would have forgotten ) so you will have to definitely count me out  :(
See you on Tuesday June 28th  ;)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #28 on: 23 May, 2011, 11:59:49 pm »
Wonders idly if it would be possible to cycle 30 miles home after a few beers. (and the cycle to the pub, obv)
It is simpler than it looks.

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #29 on: 24 May, 2011, 12:26:47 am »
For time, shall we say 6.30pm?

Chief cat entertainer.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #30 on: 24 May, 2011, 12:41:42 am »
Wonders idly if it would be possible to cycle 30 miles home after a few beers. (and the cycle to the pub, obv)
I'm wondering the same, but for a tenth of the distance!

<Must attach rear light to rack>
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #31 on: 24 May, 2011, 02:49:05 am »

It will be about 23 miles home afterwards for me. I'm sure it will be possible  :thumbsup:

« Reply #32 on: 24 May, 2011, 03:18:58 am »
Does the pub do decent grub by the way? 

« Reply #33 on: 24 May, 2011, 08:39:49 am »
I can do 31st, though working in Kingswood until 8pm, so will be late.

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #34 on: 24 May, 2011, 09:35:29 am »
Ah bugger, can't make it - going to be up in Birmingham getting my mom's 60th meal ready! Arse, was looking forward to meeting everyone. Next month then!
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #35 on: 25 May, 2011, 12:41:49 am »

Yes

I will endeavour to visit the pub over the coming weekend and will let you know of what items are on the menu.
Will also let landlord know of the YACF's pending visitation  :-\

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #36 on: 27 May, 2011, 11:29:34 am »
If it's going to rain on tues night like it did yesterday I might have to wimp out and walk or summat.  :o  :-[  >:( Brakes do not wor4k!

« Reply #37 on: 27 May, 2011, 11:31:39 am »
I'm a bit doubtful now I'm afraid as Wednesday is the only day I can get a 200 in next week, which I really really need to do in advance of the Marches and Mersey Roads.  I might drive over but I'll have to see how I get on with a leave pass - there might be some give and take involved to be able to ride on wednesday...

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #38 on: 29 May, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »
I'm in - a job interview on the morning means a slight change of plans. See you all there for 6.30. ish.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #39 on: 30 May, 2011, 07:59:58 pm »

Yes

I will endeavour to visit the pub over the coming weekend and will let you know of what items are on the menu.
Will also let landlord know of the YACF's pending visitation  :-\

Sorry but have been unable to get to Barley Mow this weekend  :( :(
Here is a link for further info including map
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SMSN_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=barley+mow+bristol&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=barley+mow&hnear=0x4871836681b3d861:0x8ee4b22e4b9ad71f,Bristol,+City+of+Bristol&cid=4463696810433894408

Hope you all have a good evening, I would recommend the 'Sunrise'

PS ..... how do you rename a link instead of showing address as above ?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #40 on: 30 May, 2011, 08:14:34 pm »
So does this mean the whole pub will overrun with thirsty/hungry Yacks, to landlord and staff's surprise? I popped in there yesterday (just to make sure I knew where it was!) but assumed they had already been told. It does look a bit small inside, (but maybe there's a back room?) though there's always a couple of tables outside - assuming the weather's ok.

« Reply #41 on: 30 May, 2011, 08:26:49 pm »
I've been in there on some very busy Friday lunchtimes and they have always coped admirably !
I'll phone them tomorrow lunchtime to let them know of our visit  :thumbsup:

« Reply #42 on: 31 May, 2011, 12:17:29 pm »
I've been in there on some very busy Friday lunchtimes and they have always coped admirably !

Just phoned pub all ok, though you may have to lock bikes up outside.
Hope you all have a good evening. I

« Reply #43 on: 31 May, 2011, 12:19:21 pm »

Is this for definite?
I never leave the Sabbath outside anywhere even locked up!

« Reply #44 on: 31 May, 2011, 12:52:59 pm »

Is this for definite?

Luckily, I have my New York Kryptonite D Lock with me... Has anyone looked at Streetview? Are there any decent stands near by?

« Reply #45 on: 31 May, 2011, 12:59:45 pm »

Is this for definite?

Luckily, I have my New York Kryptonite D Lock with me... Has anyone looked at Streetview? Are there any decent stands near by?

There is a lamp post outside, and park railings opposite. But it is an area of Bristol that I wouldn't even leave my dog tied up outside in  ;D

« Reply #46 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:03:58 pm »

Is this for definite?

There is a lamp post outside, and park railings opposite. But it is an area of Bristol that I wouldn't even leave my dog tied up outside in  ;D

That is pretty much all of Bristol then... Other option is stash the bike in Temple Quay (decent stands and CCTV) and walk back over.

« Reply #47 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:07:39 pm »

Is this for definite?

That is pretty much all of Bristol then... Other option is stash the bike in Temple Quay (decent stands and CCTV) and walk back over.

I would have ridden my Fuji, but it has no dynamo light on at the moment (it's gone off for repair). I guess my other option is to park the bike where I work which is 1.5 miles away and walk ....

« Reply #48 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:10:45 pm »

Is this for definite?

I would have ridden my Fuji, but it has no dynamo light on at the moment (it's gone off for repair). I guess my other option is to park the bike where I work which is 1.5 miles away and walk ....

Inside Temple Meads is an option - there is a massive bike rack on the platform that is pretty secure (as opposed to outside the station!) but you'd need a ticket to get access.

« Reply #49 on: 31 May, 2011, 01:26:00 pm »

Is this for definite?

Inside Temple Meads is an option - there is a massive bike rack on the platform that is pretty secure (as opposed to outside the station!) but you'd need a ticket to get access.

The Sabbath wouldn't be insured if it was stolen. I just can't take that kind of chance with my PBP bike. It never leaves my sight unless it's inside a building, I even lock it with 2 D locks inside my house!