Author Topic: X Box monitor adapter  (Read 889 times)

X Box monitor adapter
« on: 11 September, 2011, 03:53:12 pm »
AWL Jr had an X Box bought for him, so I got hold of a monitor to play it on.

However, once it was unpacked, I soon noticed it only had a normal, blue computer input socket. Fair enough, I suppose, as it was cheap & only flogged to me as a computer monitor.

So, I now need an adapter, if there is such a thing, to allow me to plug the X Box into the monitor. A search tells me that there are loads of such things, but I'm a novice & would appreciate some help as to what I exactly need.

TIA
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
Re: X Box monitor adapter
« Reply #1 on: 11 September, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »
Is it an xbox 1, or a 360?

« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2011, 05:21:24 pm »
I believe the xbox output is hdmi (goes and looks) - yes, it is hdmi.

Your 'normal' input will be VGA
<i>Marmite slave</i>

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #3 on: 11 September, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »
There is also a multi way connector for which adapters can be purchased for various outputs - including VGA. I have a spare one of these for the price of a stamped padded envelope, and a donation to a charity of your choice.

:-)

Or if more convenient....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003VD56JS/ref=asc_df_B003VD56JS4370708?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B003VD56JS

« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2011, 06:04:40 pm »
There is also a multi way connector for which adapters can be purchased for various outputs - including VGA. I have a spare one of these for the price of a stamped padded envelope, and a donation to a charity of your choice.

:-)

Thanks for the offer, YHPM.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.