Author Topic: Blogger - downloading documents etc  (Read 631 times)

Blogger - downloading documents etc
« on: 04 October, 2011, 02:32:59 pm »
Hi, I'm using Blogger as a simpleton's way of providing a set of information resources to our community about our campaign activities (http://greeningchinnor.blogspot.com/).  I want to be able to offer documents for the (limited but growing number of) viewers to download and view - e.g. copy of our Constitution, meeting minutes etc in the interests of transparency since we are using community grant funding as part of our income.

As a person who has never used Google Docs, I wonder if that is the solution to my problem?  The documents will generally be created offline using Microshaft Orifice by various users, so ideally I'd have a place where any sensible format can be uploaded, though for the extra work to convert to pdf that'd probably be worthwhile to make the content universally accessible.

All useful thoughts welcome.  Thanks in anticipation.

C

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Blogger - downloading documents etc
« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2011, 03:05:06 pm »
pdf files, definitely. Orifice is losing ground in (straightforward) compatibility, not least because of it having two formats.

How about something like the public folder of DropBox, then put the links into the blog?
It is simpler than it looks.

Re: Blogger - downloading documents etc
« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2011, 03:14:08 pm »
Googledocs.
The calendar is fantastic, the sharing control is easy and just works.
The word processor is naff, but it does have a viewer that copes with most Word formats and Open Orifice.
<i>Marmite slave</i>