Author Topic: What are you having for supper tonight?  (Read 180288 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: What are you having for supper tonight?
« Reply #3275 on: June 19, 2020, 09:22:07 pm »
We had monkfish cheeks wrapped in parma ham, baked on roasted taters, veggies & chorizo.
Buuurp.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #3276 on: June 20, 2020, 08:55:56 am »
We had Gurnard fillets, baked in foil with a bit of lemon and butter, with carrots, spinach and a few Charlotte potatoes from our (very) meagre crop.

Tonight it will be beefburgers.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #3277 on: June 20, 2020, 01:59:48 pm »
For tonight I am making squab pie* (which doesn't actually contain any pigeon). Mutton, apple, onion, sultanas, spice. Was supposed to be a 'diet' version with crumpled filo pastry on, but the pack of frozen filo turns out to be puff pastry. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

*: based on this recipe, but modified when MrsC, who is Cornish, insisted I check all her Cornish recipe books as well, hence the addition of the spice and the sultanas.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #3278 on: June 20, 2020, 10:33:23 pm »
I had leftovers when I got in from my ride, which was a Caribbean style curry, featuring kidney beans, sweet potato and coconut milk.

That didn't satiate me so I ordered salt & pepper tofu & mushroom rice from the Chinese at the end of my road.

« Reply #3279 on: June 20, 2020, 11:27:26 pm »
I went shopping & came back with all manner of tasty meat things.   Then got sidetracked & ended up having spaghetti with asparagus & home made pesto.  Strawberries & cheese to follow.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3280 on: June 20, 2020, 11:46:22 pm »
Remains of last night's fridge curry.  Mmm perfect.  All the sharp corners knocked off and the depth of spice and flavour so improved and rounded.
Why don't we cook all our curries several days ahead?
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

« Reply #3281 on: June 25, 2020, 10:21:44 pm »
New potatoes, salmon fried in butter, salad & a big blob of garlic & chilli mayonnaise.

« Reply #3282 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:02 pm »
Grilled sardines drizzled with garlic & chilli oil,  charred tomatoes onna bed of chilled yoghurt*, fresh crusty bread.  Nom.

https://houseandhome.com/recipe/yotam-ottolenghis-charred-cherry-tomatoes-cold-yogurt/

« Reply #3283 on: Yesterday at 08:58:49 pm »
Grilled sardines drizzled with garlic & chilli oil,  charred tomatoes onna bed of chilled yoghurt*, fresh crusty bread.  Nom.

https://houseandhome.com/recipe/yotam-ottolenghis-charred-cherry-tomatoes-cold-yogurt/

I've just done the charred tomatoes thing again , this time with lamb steaks.      I was left with a bowl containing a "soup" of yogurt, warm, herb flavoured olive oil & tomato juices , but no bread.   

Reader , I got a spoon ....  :P