Author Topic: Diesel spills again  (Read 1262 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Diesel spills again
« on: 09 July, 2008, 06:43:16 pm »
Two whole miles, from the A419 roundabout almost all the way back home.  I'm talking gallons' worth.

Fortunately it was on the oncoming side of the road tonight, but tomorrow morning is going to be well dodgy - Woolly, Peli and Dave will know the lane with its four 90 degree corners in succession  Is there anyone to report it to?  There won't be enough heavy rain tonight to clear it.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
Re: Diesel spills again
« Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2008, 06:46:33 pm »
Call the council roads department or the police.

You really don't want to meet diesel on a bend, especially aboard a  cycle or PTW. I had a motorbike written off coz of it.
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 09 July, 2008, 06:54:49 pm »
I've e-mailed the highways department suggesting they stick "slippery road" signs out.

You'd think people would be more careful with the price of fuel these days.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2008, 08:03:58 pm »
Report it to the Police, thats the advice from Kill Spills. Reporting it to the council is too ignoorable. Best to report it to both in one go.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #4 on: 10 July, 2008, 12:55:06 am »
e-mail's good as it's traceable, thus proving they knew...  but it's not timely.  You need a phone call to the council immediately so they can get a cleaner down there.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #5 on: 10 July, 2008, 02:26:24 am »
If nothing else, petroleum and diesel really wreck asphalt.  Cleaning early is the key, otherwise they need to resurface.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...