Author Topic: CTC York Rally 2008 Who is attending?  (Read 23063 times)

GillP

Re: CTC York Rally 2008 Who is attending?
« Reply #100 on: 17 June, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »
That's excellent news. Got to work til 2.45 tomorrow then back to St Annes to get ready and we should be on the road by 4, most probably in the rain  :( why didn't we buy the rain legs in time ???

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #101 on: 17 June, 2008, 09:34:52 pm »
Getting excited now. Bags are packed, bikes are serviced and raring to go, weather forecast is crap but who cares. Being on the road again with a tent and few belongings is just such a good feeling. The fact that we will be heading for York under our own steam for the first time will just add the icing on the cake.

« Reply #102 on: 17 June, 2008, 10:22:19 pm »
Anyone camping at the little site at Fishlake near Doncaster, Thursday night on route? I am hoping to get there late afternoon.

Look me up at York I am on LW23 and will have the new Fell Club flag attached to my tent.
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #103 on: 18 June, 2008, 08:51:49 am »
We'll be packing tonight so I have tomorrow to panic for the kids. Haven't yet decided whether to take the camping stove or just eat out.  It may come down to space.
Haven't decided whether to take Fred or the tractor (probably the tractor). Kids will get given one pannier each tonight and told to pack everything in that except sleeping bag (that is what the other one is for).

Oh what fun..

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #104 on: 18 June, 2008, 10:33:23 am »
Hope to see you all at York this weekend :thumbsup:, no baking has been done, will have to go to Tesco's to get some cake and biccies, unless someone else is going to take some homebakes.

Hope it doesn't rain too heavily for all those cycling there, lets hope the DLWG works.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #105 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:04:07 am »
I have just offloaded the dog at the kennels and driven back through a downpour of the tropical type. Standing water across the road, cars down to twenty miles an hour with full headlights on, the whole works. Its eased off a bit now but our four o'clock departure is getting uncomfortably close now.  :-[ Could be interesting making camp tonight.

On the bright side, tomorrow looks a bit nicer, just a few showers according to the met office.

« Reply #106 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:08:28 am »
The forcast for Sat is sunny, wet on Sun.

I shall be coming in with one daughter, looking forward to seeing some of you (although I have no idea how I shall find anyone).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #107 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:13:51 am »

I shall be coming in with one daughter, looking forward to seeing some of you (although I have no idea how I shall find anyone).
Somebody, Alan, I think, suggested a list in the registration tent with names and pitch numbers. Seems like a simple solution to me.

alan

« Reply #108 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:42:52 am »
I have just offloaded the dog .
I read that as

I have just offered the dog... :o

I don't think pagan sacrificies will appease any loose connection with the DLWG ;D
remember,you're not living in Wales anymore ;)

« Reply #109 on: 18 June, 2008, 01:40:00 pm »

Somebody, Alan, I think, suggested a list in the registration tent with names and pitch numbers. Seems like a simple solution to me.
So if I turn up for the day and ask for toekneep, Clarion or butterfly, I'll find you? lol
I might wear the dreaded icecream jacket.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #110 on: 18 June, 2008, 01:47:57 pm »

So if I turn up for the day and ask for toekneep, Clarion or butterfly, I'll find you? lol
I might wear the dreaded icecream jacket.
Well maybe not but you could always ask for Tony P  ;)

« Reply #111 on: 18 June, 2008, 09:37:20 pm »
The other York Cycle Show thread lists some peoples pitch numbers.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #112 on: 18 June, 2008, 11:59:23 pm »
I'll be on LW 16 with daughter (11)  and probably son (10)(though he had a nasty bump on the head today - fell off a log and caught a picnic bench with his head on the way down - mild concussion and a cut but is apparently OK now)

We'll be getting there about 9.30 on Friday night.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #113 on: 19 June, 2008, 08:26:29 am »
We're on LW 97. We should get there around 9pm tomorrow, trains willing. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #114 on: 19 June, 2008, 08:54:12 am »
We will be there, that is me, Mrs T and TLD, unfortunately no bikes though as other events get in the way (such as swimming lessons and birthday parties... :( )

does anyone know if there will be shuttle bus from the station to the race course? I don't fancy driving into York and TLD loves going on the train (plus it is quicker for us to use the train!)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #115 on: 19 June, 2008, 12:49:33 pm »
I'm on LW56.  I should be arriving between 4-5 p.m. on Friday.  Not sure which tent I am bringing, but just look for the van Nicholas Amazon parked outside.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #116 on: 19 June, 2008, 12:59:16 pm »
LW83LW82, red Hewitt. I'll wear my blue Vecchio's/Campagnolo hat or LEL one.

« Reply #117 on: 20 June, 2008, 01:35:44 am »
Clarion will be wearing either an ACF jersey or a T-shirt with Clarion on it and his bike has Clarion on the top tube ::-). The tent will have a glass butterfly outside and somewhere on my bike is likely to be a scarf with butterflies on it unless it really raining. :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Regulator

« Reply #118 on: 20 June, 2008, 08:19:23 am »
Clarion will be wearing either an ACF jersey or a T-shirt with Clarion on it and his bike has Clarion on the top tube ::-). The tent will have a glass butterfly outside and somewhere on my bike is likely to be a scarf with butterflies on it unless it really raining. :D

Okey-dokey!  Get the tea on!   :thumbsup:

Green Party Councillor

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #119 on: 20 June, 2008, 09:09:03 am »
Hopefully (if you are not all out on bike rides) we will see you tomorrow afternoon, I'm thinking I'll have a meander around the bike auction, see if I can pick up something for Mrs T (and maybe just maybe something for me :) )

With any luck I'll find clarion first then he can direct me/introduce me to the rest of you....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

alan

« Reply #120 on: 20 June, 2008, 10:44:39 am »
We will be  leaving soon so will see you later :thumbsup:

Regulator

« Reply #121 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:30:31 am »
I'm packed and leaving in about half an hour.  I'm on the 13.33 Euston to York.

Green Party Councillor

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #122 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:41:46 am »
Isn't it normal to go from King's Cross?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

gordon taylor

« Reply #123 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:44:50 am »
Looks like I'm not going, sorry. Too busy, too tired, too many brownie points needed for my summer tour, too scared that I'd buy something expensive.  :'(

Have a nice time, everyone.

Regulator

« Reply #124 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:57:37 am »
Isn't it normal to go from King's Cross?

Whoops!  You're right....  :-[

Show's how infrequently I go north of the Watford Gap, into the badlands...  ;D

Green Party Councillor