Author Topic: Muzak and Feist  (Read 587 times)

Muzak and Feist
« on: 10 December, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »
I must admit to being partial to the work of Feist, the Canadian Singer Songwriter.

However apart from a short exposure during the IPod, she is little known in the UK

Yet today in Chichester almost every shop  seemed to be playing her tracks!

Is Feist all of a sudden main stream?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Re: Muzak and Feist
« Reply #1 on: 11 December, 2011, 08:53:32 am »
I think she has been reasonably mainstream for quite some time now, no doubt helped by the iPod ad. I don't think you can call someone who sells out the Albert hall underground, and that was 2007(maybe 2008 )

She is a fabulous performer and has a wonderful voice, she first came to my attention via The Kings Of Convenience's Riot On An Empty Street album (particularly The Buildup which is a truly wonderful song).

I've seen her live a couple of times, Albert hall and the palladium show a month or two ago. Talented lady and far more interesting than the most of the other dross out there!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Re: Muzak and Feist
« Reply #2 on: 11 December, 2011, 09:56:41 am »
I reckon there's a bit of the other-way-around going on.  The people who compile playlists for shops nowadays slip in some cool tracks - maybe to amuse themselves!, or maybe because they know plenty of people enjoy more than muzak.  I've heard music so good in Wilkinson's that I've had to stop and listen.  Nevermind it's coming out of a tinny little speaker.

I quite like Feist as well - though haven't been intrigued quite enough yet to buy her albums.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●