Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 597935 times)

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1125 on: 10 April, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »
J & C heading north through Ealing at a fair speed on the tandem .
A shitter and a giggler.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1126 on: 10 April, 2011, 06:57:25 pm »
C&J listed has having joined CTC in March on my Membership database...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1127 on: 10 April, 2011, 06:59:16 pm »
New members, huh? ;D
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1128 on: 10 April, 2011, 07:07:52 pm »
They've shifted their household from A->B.
Database gives address valid from <moving date> and Date Joined as 22/3/2011.
Previous Branch Valid From Dates are in previous decade.

« Reply #1129 on: 10 April, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »
AlexB, family and friends at the Streatham kite festival.  Thanks so much for inviting me, that was a particularly fine way to spend my afternoon off!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #1130 on: 10 April, 2011, 08:07:24 pm »
A tall (looking) bloke wearing a KOTM yACF shirt heading at a rate of knots past Wythenshawe Park late this afternoon.
I was wearing my yellow yACF top going in the opposite direction at the head of a long line of cyclists.
We were heading back to Chorlton Water Park to conclude the Chorlton Wander.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1131 on: 10 April, 2011, 10:09:26 pm »
Oh arse!  I didn't know that there was a kite festival so near :(
Getting there...

« Reply #1132 on: 10 April, 2011, 11:03:12 pm »
Spent an hour or so sitting in the sun near the Albert Memorial, watching a skating lesson. Was that Wendy teaching? Well I wasn't going up to a complete stranger to ask, was I!

S

Only if I was wearing mostly blue lycra.  There are usually quite a few skaters teaching up there.

Was you then! Definitely blue Lycra. I'll say hello next time!  :thumbsup:
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #1133 on: 11 April, 2011, 09:25:39 am »
Oh, brill, I'll be chuffed to meet you!!  Say hi even if I'm busy teaching, I'll have to be brief but I can usually spare time for at least a quick hello and introduction, and hopefully will have much more time than that.

A V Lowe

« Reply #1134 on: 11 April, 2011, 09:45:09 am »
Well for spotters from now on watch out for a variety of 1-speed Bromptons (coaster brake) as the nearest I can practically get to eliminating cables from the machine ((I have actually eliminated cables - with a Magura set on the front - looking for 80mm axle drum brake - perhaps an old SA brake/dynohub?

WIGATI I'll put a fixie back on the road - I was riding 56-13 which I've now worked out to be 116" - no wonder I had to walk up a few hills.

A V Lowe

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #1135 on: 11 April, 2011, 09:50:27 pm »
A tall (looking) bloke wearing a KOTM yACF shirt heading at a rate of knots past Wythenshawe Park late this afternoon.
I was wearing my yellow yACF top going in the opposite direction at the head of a long line of cyclists.
We were heading back to Chorlton Water Park to conclude the Chorlton Wander.

Hey, that was me!! I like the "rate of knots" bit, I'm sure it was an illusion. Probably due to the Doppler effect !!

Sorry I didn't let on, but I don't wear my glasses when riding and can't really see detail.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1136 on: 12 April, 2011, 01:45:07 pm »
Anyone own up to being the guy on a black Langster that I chatted with in Lewisham last night (on my brwon Langster)?  He was with a woman, also on a black bike but I didin't note the make.  No specific reason for thinking it, but they semed like the type that might lurk here.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1137 on: 13 April, 2011, 03:09:33 pm »
AlexB, family and friends at the Streatham kite festival.  Thanks so much for inviting me, that was a particularly fine way to spend my afternoon off!!

It was great seeing you and your arrival and departure caused quite a stir!
Do you have footage of you leaving? We should all be lined up and waving if I remember correctly!

« Reply #1138 on: 13 April, 2011, 03:10:31 pm »
Oh arse!  I didn't know that there was a kite festival so near :(

I did think about dropping you a line, but there were already quite a few of us going and the coordination was getting tricky, as it was we never did find one group of our friends!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1139 on: 13 April, 2011, 03:11:26 pm »
Never mind.  It's OK.  Maybe next year?
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1140 on: 13 April, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »
Spotted today, one boab fresh from Mulling it Over and accompanied by a No2Son and a No2Daughter.  I spotted them in the Den, so I fed them proper soup and bread and jacket spuds and cheese'n'beans and stuff.  And a bit of cake.

« Reply #1141 on: 13 April, 2011, 04:12:38 pm »

It was great seeing you and your arrival and departure caused quite a stir!
Do you have footage of you leaving? We should all be lined up and waving if I remember correctly!

I just had a quick look, yes!  You have a very cool family.  :D

« Reply #1142 on: 13 April, 2011, 05:02:24 pm »
Never mind.  It's OK.  Maybe next year?

You do know that you don't a festival as an excuse to fly a kite?
If you ever fancy meeting up for a spot of cloud observation, we could meet mid-way over on Mitcham Common, there are some quite good spots out there. Mind you, you do have to agree to share the dog-stick throwing duties!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1143 on: 13 April, 2011, 05:07:07 pm »
:)
Getting there...

« Reply #1144 on: 14 April, 2011, 06:33:15 pm »
I always seem to manage to miss the Kite festival, which I think has been going on since before I left Streatham, and that was three years ago.

I occasionally see kites being flown on Clapham Common, and on a couple of occasions with someone using them with a longboard, although not very successfully, which may have been because it wasn't all that windy at the time.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1145 on: 14 April, 2011, 07:03:13 pm »
Nice to meet Lee G this morning in Bermondsey.  Tried to persuade him that he needed an Audax Engl;and jersey for his PBP entry, but I don't think I succeeded  :(
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1146 on: 15 April, 2011, 10:34:17 am »
VeloYellow was spotted yesterday between Falls Creek and Mt Beauty on the Audax Australia  Alpine Classic by a YACF couple in Elgin cycling club jerseys. His YACF KOM jersey might have been the tip off.

Long time ago, and I'm slow, Eck was right, :thumbsup: Mrs e-a and I took the panniers off for this one! Several thousand metres climbing in this one (must get a spotty jersey!)

« Reply #1147 on: 15 April, 2011, 11:49:25 am »
I always seem to manage to miss the Kite festival, which I think has been going on since before I left Streatham, and that was three years ago.

I occasionally see kites being flown on Clapham Common, and on a couple of occasions with someone using them with a longboard, although not very successfully, which may have been because it wasn't all that windy at the time.

OK, so that's at least 3 of us.
I'm not sure about my plans for getting home from bognor yet, but if I have a bit of freedom, perhaps we could pack kites? My 8 foot foil doesn't take up much room...

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #1148 on: 15 April, 2011, 07:24:03 pm »
I'd be up for some kite flying as well! I'm got 1m, 2m & 3m foils which need some wind in them.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #1149 on: 15 April, 2011, 07:49:05 pm »
Yikes, that's a bit serious!

I don't own any kites, but we used to have some box kites we flew as kids.  They're not the most exciting of kites, since you can't really describe them as acrobatic, but assuming you've got sufficient wind, they don't half go up fast!
Actually, it is rocket science.