Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 600476 times)

Si_Co

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2300 on: 24 November, 2012, 12:45:13 pm »
Torslanda, in his shop 

Thanks for the coffee  :thumbsup:

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #2301 on: 25 November, 2012, 03:16:35 pm »
GiroPaul at Fradley junction cafe "again"  :)
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #2302 on: 25 November, 2012, 04:32:28 pm »
Butterfly, CrinklyLion and Ms Weasel, yesterday night.

« Reply #2303 on: 25 November, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
GiroPaul at Fradley junction cafe "again"  :)

Good to see you, and your entourage.

What do you mean "again", I'm only in there Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays (and some Tuesdays, and the odd Thursday) - unless it's wet or I'm working  :(   - sometimes Saturdays as well of course.

I got very wet feet (and all over when the odd t.....rs in a car swept through with spray everywhere) going back - even worse than going - hope you avoided the floods.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2304 on: 25 November, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »
I went to That LonDon yesterday, with A Cunning Plan to join Julian and others on the RTN march in the evening.  Wandering St Pancras yesterday lunchtime with my afternoon plans gone slightly awry and, to boot, the realisation that I had inadvertently set off without The Julian's number so couldn't arrange to meet up earlier than planned, I glanced at a chap and thought "Crikey, that looks like 'zilla!"  Then around a corner I spotted another chap with a particularly identifiable smile, a bit of a double take all round ensued and Mike greeted me with "Crinkly!  What're you doing here?  Shouldn't you be up north?".  Having accidentally found the YACF photographers, I stuck with them for a most convivial lunch and a bimble round the British Museum.  So that means I spotted Rogerzilla, Charlotte, Mike, Clarion, Butterfly and the previously unspotted by me Jaded, PerpetualDan and GeraldC who were all very lovely although the latter was slightly disappointingly not dressed as a city-destroying swingball-playing supersized monster.

Then I went to Whitehall Place with Charlotte and Butterfly, where we spotted Julian and the Ms Weasel, and a jolly fine time we had too.

Then this morning I spotted C&J once more, when they fed me lovely breakfast and excellent coffee at the Perivale HoFC before I pottered off for a tube/train/coach/bus home.

Splendid Spotting weekend!

« Reply #2305 on: 01 December, 2012, 07:09:06 am »
Valiant, last night, in the NOT SO SEEKRET BUNKER. Collecting.

« Reply #2306 on: 03 December, 2012, 11:10:18 pm »
I spotted TimO storming along the A23 through Norbury, looking dashing in his purple YACF jersey this morning. I waved but he didn't see me as I was wrapped up in a Toyota. That's the trouble with cars - they hide you from your friends.

*waves again*
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2307 on: 04 December, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »
Turns out I saw Phixie, and was admiring his bike, this morning:

http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1865.msg1369795#msg1369795
Getting there...

« Reply #2308 on: 04 December, 2012, 10:43:24 pm »
I spotted TimO storming along the A23 through Norbury, looking dashing in his purple YACF jersey this morning. I waved but he didn't see me as I was wrapped up in a Toyota. That's the trouble with cars - they hide you from your friends.

Indeed, I didn't spot you.  You were lucky to see the YACF jersey, since by the evening I had to don a thin fleece over the top (as I am this evening), so my YACFness is hidden.

... and I'm not sure I'd ever count cycling on Vince as storming, I think my maximum speed on him is probably around 27mph, and that's downhill, I'm spinning the pedals like a mad thing in the low twenties!

I think I've seen Butterfly at least twice on my commute (and she's clearly seen me at least three times!), which is double anyone else. :)
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #2309 on: 05 December, 2012, 09:28:39 pm »
EldestCub, scooting up the road towards the Den as I walked home (and was spotted by him), and then CrinklyLion and SmallestCub in the chipshop as I got to the corner. They were too busy buying chips to spot me.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #2310 on: 06 December, 2012, 02:02:16 pm »
How indirect is this?  For starters, I'm not sure if he is on yacf, although he is known to folk here.  Also I did not spot him.  Anyway, I was just discussing the finer points of some legal controversy with a non-cycling colleague when his secretary interrupted to let him know that Titus was running late for their lunch fixture.  Yes, that one.

« Reply #2311 on: 08 December, 2012, 11:17:57 pm »
If you mean this Titus (third pic down), I don't think he's on YACF, or merely lurks if he is.  However, along with people like Mr Legg, I think he's well enough known to many on here, that he counts.

Tenuous is good, we have a thread for that specifically if you're so inclined, and they're suitable minor, barely known, or mysterious.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2312 on: 08 December, 2012, 11:31:55 pm »
I spotted nine other forumites this evening. They were (in order of appearance):-

Auntie Helen
JenM
Tomsk
and then, pretty much as an amorphous mass
Bloomers
Chief
Whatsisface
Christophe
Oaky
Oscar's Dad.

It was possible that one or more could have been dressed as reindeer.

It was a very entertaining evening and I have two photographs, to follow shortly.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2313 on: 11 December, 2012, 08:41:13 pm »
I think I saw Crock of Gold on Balham Hill this evening, but then I got caught behind a van, and, by the time I got a chance to let rip down Upper Tooting Road, I think he must have got too far ahead. :(
Getting there...

« Reply #2314 on: 13 December, 2012, 10:51:21 pm »
Valkyrie approaching Portobello

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2315 on: 23 December, 2012, 05:21:05 pm »
I spotted Jurek at the counter of Fat Boys at Trinity Buoy Wharf at lunchtime.  Always good to see.
Getting there...

« Reply #2316 on: 28 December, 2012, 12:52:02 am »
TEC and Mrs TEC tandeming in a fine stylee along the lanes near Dunham Massey. They looked to be going very quickly.
TEC's bright yellow hat is a great spotting feature !
I was wearing a black jacket with black shorts, black leg-warmers and black shoe covers. I was riding a black bike.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2317 on: 28 December, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #2318 on: 28 December, 2012, 07:44:15 pm »
The lesser spotted (on here - more a Cyclechatter) ChrisB in Richmond Park on a windy but decent day.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #2319 on: 28 December, 2012, 09:23:38 pm »
TEC and Mrs TEC tandeming in a fine stylee along the lanes near Dunham Massey. They looked to be going very quickly.
TEC's bright yellow hat is a great spotting feature !
I was wearing a black jacket with black shorts, black leg-warmers and black shoe covers. I was riding a black bike.
I only realised it was you when I heard your voice. We did stop, but you were obviously in the zone and had gone on.
Mrs TEC's bright pink socks also a useful spotting feature.

We were going well as we were going to Redhouse Farm for coffee and cake. I've not been before (it's a bit close to home) but it does great food.

« Reply #2320 on: 28 December, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

I only realised it was you when I heard your voice. We did stop, but you were obviously in the zone and had gone on.

Oh no !
I'm sorry, I thought that you hadn't recognised/heard me so I carried on.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2321 on: 29 December, 2012, 04:11:12 pm »
On Tooley Street, in London's famous Southwark, I spotted the twin Hopes of Jurek heading towards us.  He was accompanied by Jane, Pippa and TimO.  We flagged them down, had a quick chat, then let them get on their way towards a drink.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2322 on: 29 December, 2012, 04:24:35 pm »
Earlier, though less serendipitously, as we all converged on the same pre-arranged ride, we saw:

Charlotte
Julian
Adam
Arallsopp
Chocolatebike
Adrian
Mice
and various others I shall remember when I'm home

As well as notable persons known here but not strictly OTP:

Davywalnuts
Titus
Mr Legg-Bandage
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2323 on: 30 December, 2012, 08:28:15 pm »
clarion, at a pre-arranged location for a few hours of cycling around London.  Then we spotted NSTN (and Rob, nOTP) at her place where I brought along a friend to buy NSTN's Gazelle.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2324 on: 04 January, 2013, 08:29:23 pm »
billplumtree, onna boat :)