Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 600404 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #350 on: 26 September, 2009, 10:49:06 pm »

bent mikey
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #351 on: 27 September, 2009, 11:50:05 pm »
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #352 on: 28 September, 2009, 09:33:08 am »
That's some Wendy House behind herm! :o
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #353 on: 28 September, 2009, 02:11:59 pm »
Was this a forum member.
Seen this morning approx 0940hrs, east bound on A556 between M6:J20 & Bucklow Hill.
The bike might have been black or dark blue or very dark green(I am colour blind  :-[ ) but the brake & gear outer cables were definately white.

alan

« Reply #354 on: 28 September, 2009, 02:13:30 pm »
Saw a car on the M56 this morning

N5  TKP

Guess who sprang to mind ;D

« Reply #355 on: 01 October, 2009, 11:22:13 pm »
I do believe that I spotted Sir Del of the bike this morning when he was on his Brompton and I was on my grown up bike with big wheels.

He may have mistaken me for St Simon of the Legg Bandage due to recent injuries.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #356 on: 02 October, 2009, 09:46:26 am »
I spotted a chap wearing a red club jersey giving it loads on a turbo at his Club last night.

It was Superstoker! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #357 on: 04 October, 2009, 06:20:42 pm »
Bumped into BlackburnRod at the Priory, Scorton this morning. Nice to see you again BR, I hope the other cafe lived up to expectations.

It was a very sociable ride all round really. We met another couple of local cycling friends and then caught up a friend of Mrs. TKP's later in the ride and cycled with her for a few miles. When we finally arrived back in the village three other chums from the club were enjoying a well earned drink at the local. Jolly nice.

« Reply #358 on: 04 October, 2009, 06:23:28 pm »
Spotted Jellied, or rather Jellied spotted me, in Barnes today. I was accompany Sgt Pluck on his flat-hunting expedition. :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #359 on: 09 October, 2009, 10:51:12 am »
Struggling over the Norbury summit of the Col du Streatham last night, I'd dropped a couple of posey roadies, when a chap appeared from behind.  But I was the spottee (is that the word? Spotty, maybe?  Dunno), so I let him tell.

I knew it was worth wearing the jersey & riding a different route :)
Getting there...

« Reply #360 on: 10 October, 2009, 02:01:14 am »
Struggling over the Norbury summit of the Col du Streatham last night, I'd dropped a couple of posey roadies, when a chap appeared from behind.  But I was the spottee (is that the word? Spotty, maybe?  Dunno), so I let him tell.

I knew it was worth wearing the jersey & riding a different route :)

And a pleasure to meet you again it was to.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #361 on: 10 October, 2009, 06:41:59 pm »
Driving over Kew Bridge this morning, we're pretty certain we saw Jellied, talking to 2 others. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #362 on: 10 October, 2009, 07:38:03 pm »
It's a fair cop Butterfly! Lurking with intention to visit the CycleShow. Hampered somewhat by the Thames path being shut!

Spotted a few lurkers at the CycleShow itself.

A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #363 on: 10 October, 2009, 07:53:27 pm »
We saw a tall person and a short person at the show. We were travelling under false names (I was 'Mark Walters', which was a misspelling of my proper nom de plume).

Tourist Tony

• Supermassive mobile flesh-toned black hole
« Reply #364 on: 11 October, 2009, 09:03:31 am »
I did spot a few bodies at the Show, including the foursome pictured above.....

« Reply #365 on: 12 October, 2009, 12:29:06 pm »
I'm pretty sure it was Wendy who waved at me cheerily from the other side of the road at Biggin Hill at about 9.30 yesterday morning.  There can't be that many 40mph recumbent riders in Biggin Hill with a fondness for flashy lights, blue kit and cheery waves.

Chatted to Life of Brian at the Catford CC hill climb; he's hoping to be on the Whitstable FNRttC to mark the anniversay of his Seasalter tumble.

Accosted FWN who was wielding a big camera.

« Reply #366 on: 12 October, 2009, 12:56:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure it was Wendy who waved at me cheerily from the other side of the road at Biggin Hill at about 9.30 yesterday morning.  There can't be that many 40mph recumbent riders in Biggin Hill with a fondness for flashy lights, blue kit and cheery waves.

Chatted to Life of Brian at the Catford CC hill climb; he's hoping to be on the Whitstable FNRttC to mark the anniversay of his Seasalter tumble.

Accosted FWN who was wielding a big camera.

Yup, that was me!  Which one were you, or rather where exactly did we pass, there were loads of people out yesterday!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #367 on: 12 October, 2009, 01:03:05 pm »
I was the one leaving a trail of guinness fumes...

I was riding south on a metallic red road bike with black finishing bits, wearing black kit and a white helmet.  We passed by the bus stop alongside the main section of the airport.

« Reply #368 on: 12 October, 2009, 01:11:09 pm »
I was the one leaving a trail of guinness fumes...

I was riding south on a metallic red road bike with black finishing bits, wearing black kit and a white helmet.  We passed by the bus stop alongside the main section of the airport.

So you looked like a guinness as well as smelling like one  ;D

« Reply #369 on: 12 October, 2009, 01:15:32 pm »
Ah, I remember, that was an extra friendly wave from you!  I probably had you on video, but I deleted the clip already.  I was only doing about 30mph there, it's just a slight downhill.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

alan

« Reply #370 on: 12 October, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »
A cyclist on the A34 travelling from Stafford to Stone this afternoon approx1645 hrs.Straight bars:single rear pannier on nearside of rack.
Anyone of this parish I wonder?

Zoidburg

« Reply #371 on: 13 October, 2009, 04:48:38 pm »
A cyclist on the A34 travelling from Stafford to Stone this afternoon approx1645 hrs.Straight bars:single rear pannier on nearside of rack.
Sounds like Lord Gordy of Stone on his winter hack.

alan

« Reply #372 on: 13 October, 2009, 04:58:32 pm »
Sounds like Lord Gordy of Stone on his winter hack.
That was my first thought but I suspect it wasn't him not least because AIUI he does not use that paricular part of the A34 & the bike was not a Ridgeback with disc brakes.

Zoidburg

« Reply #373 on: 13 October, 2009, 05:00:58 pm »
If it was a yellow MTB with slicks it would have been my mate Steve.

alan

« Reply #374 on: 13 October, 2009, 05:04:46 pm »
If it was a yellow MTB with slicks it would have been my mate Steve.

IIRC it was very dark green,almost black(be aware:I am colour blind :-[)