Author Topic: Perfectly Sensible Child Utterances  (Read 63422 times)

TJG

Re: Perfectly Sensible Child Utterances
« Reply #500 on: March 21, 2019, 09:42:39 pm »
"Daddy. I have put these things on the stairs.  Some are uppers and some are downers."
This is a perfectly sensible sentence, we knew exactly what she meant, at 6 she clearly did not have a varied collection of recreational narcotics.  It only took about 5 minutes before my wife or I could breathe again!

Cudzoziemiec

• Dormant but requires tea
« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2019, 09:46:35 pm »
Things to go upstairs and downstairs? Sorted! Literally...
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

« Reply #502 on: April 01, 2019, 08:52:19 am »
When kids tell jokes, part 193...

Andrew: What did one maths book say to another maths book?
Mummy: I don't know, Andrew, what did one maths book say to another maths book?
Andrew: "Tell me about your problems!  Haha!"
Mummy: Haha!  Andrew, do you know why that's funny?
Andrew: (sheepishly) Because maths books can't talk!

;D

« Reply #503 on: April 29, 2019, 06:54:25 pm »
Miss Dan the Younger was suggesting bunking off to protest Trump.
Miss Dan the Elder pointed out that getting photographed and recognised would get her into trouble.
“I’ll just wear a mask” says the younger.
So proud :D

Cudzoziemiec

• Dormant but requires tea
« Reply #504 on: May 26, 2019, 04:52:39 pm »
"One, two, three, four, six, seven, eight, ten, eleven, twelve, hundred, nineteen, twenty, sixty. Coming, ready or not!"
It was interesting to see the different seeking styles of the two smalls, aged about three. The one whose counting is above made a great show of looking in all sorts of places she could see the other one wasn't and walking past the place she could easily see he was. When it was his turn, he counted quickly and went straight to where she was obviously hiding. They were both of the "crouch under a table and call it hiding" school.
The unwilling rider and the one who leaves each control in turn without reluctance, with no desire to come back, obviously cannot be making the same journey, even though their brevets are identical.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
« Reply #505 on: December 03, 2019, 09:54:57 pm »
"I wish people at my school wouldn't call him Santa Claus! That's American. We're British. He's Father Christmas!"

So said my gd, aged 9 years and 5 months.
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.