Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 12399 times)

Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2020, 09:28:15 pm »
I got a blister for the first time in years a couple of weeks back. I’ve tweaked the laces, but the toes felt funny this week. Strava tells me I’ve done 480km on those shoes, so I wonder if I too am approaching worn out shoes time.

« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2020, 08:51:51 am »
later start as I was not working this morning.  5k done in 31.34.  Legs felt quite sluggish to start with as I pushed it on the ride home last night.  really hot out there already but no sign of rio or thunder.  Pilates now with my wife and then a shed to build.

« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2020, 12:14:14 pm »
A sluggish start is apparently quite normal so nothing to worry about. It usually takes me about 5 minutes to get into it.

I’ll submit my excuses now. It’s obviously too hot now to go out running and I couldnt go earlier because we are out with my daughter today and after Sunday’s session I have was banned from going. Honest.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #403 on: August 11, 2020, 02:25:07 pm »
Still feel twinges in my hip so no running, plus we have thunderstorms forecasted.

We are off to the Uk on Friday lunchtime so at this rate I won’t be back to running until next week Thursday.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #404 on: August 11, 2020, 05:10:45 pm »
For varying reasons amongst us a few days off is not a bad thing.  What is important is that we come back and continue.

I might well go for a swim instead tomorrow or Thursday.  And, I'll book a yoga or a pilates session.  All good stuff.

« Reply #405 on: August 11, 2020, 05:46:55 pm »
Looking at the forecast for the morning, I expect it will be too hot for me, even before eight.
I might do something very gentle, but not the full 5k up the hill I was aiming for.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #406 on: August 11, 2020, 08:51:11 pm »
Slow today.  Very hot and I had no go at all.  Still walk / run, but just over 50 minutes so nearly as slow as just walking. Day off tomorrow - I'm only really doing day off / day on to avoid blowing something up.  That may be it for this week: I have to ride to work on Saturday and Sunday, for the first time in 4 months, so that'll add 40 miles all told.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

« Reply #407 on: August 11, 2020, 09:32:39 pm »
I had to walk today for two different commitments.   Given the oppressive heat I regard that as sufficient with a step count for the day nearing 13k.

I did see a young woman running in the heat.  She was quick but didn't seem to be enjoying the experience.

« Reply #408 on: August 12, 2020, 06:02:32 pm »
I decided it was far too hot for running this morning, because I overslept, because I didn't sleep well, because it was too hot last night.

So I went for a bike this afternoon instead, at least you get a bit more breeze that way albeit today's breeze was a bit like a hair dryer.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #409 on: August 12, 2020, 09:46:43 pm »
The sky went sort of purple and there was a noticeably cooler breeze at about 8, so I declared it “easy run” day and went for a flat 5km and kept it in zone 2. The hoped for soaking didn’t happen, but I feel better for it.

« Reply #410 on: Yesterday at 06:59:42 am »
I’ve got the joy of a 300 mile drive today, so it’ll be another 'rest' day for me. I’m quite jealous of those of you who Are managing g to fit runs in around this oppressive weather.

At least the car has air conditioning.
Sorting my life out, one shed at a time.

« Reply #411 on: Yesterday at 08:38:47 am »
I too am envious of those who can manage a run in these sweltering conditions.

Looking at the forecast I hope to rise on Saturday and stagger along the local Sustrans trail for an early 6k to get myself back into some sort of a routine.

I have just been chatting with my yoga teacher by txt.  Classes resume in a very socially-distanced way on Tuesday for me.  Very happy about that.