Author Topic: Cholesterol and all that gubbins...  (Read 31591 times)

Re: Cholesterol and all that gubbins...
« Reply #200 on: October 21, 2020, 01:47:15 pm »
So, I a recent details blood workup.

Cholesterol results not good; total of 6.28, LDL up to 4.37

Not terribly surprising; I'm simply not exercising as much. Alcohol consumption up quite a bit from maybe 2 drinks a week to maybe 7. So I make a commitment to do more sustained aerobic exercise, drop Cheese (and other dairy) from diet.

MrsC has great fun teasing me about all this.

She's just had a blood test; Total over 8 (don't know the breakdown yet).

Her diet is theoretically good, but far too much alcohol. Probably 5 times my consumption. No exercise. The last factor is complicated by her having what looks like long covid.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #201 on: October 21, 2020, 02:24:30 pm »
I dread to think what my cholesterol level might be. Giving up booze for October has been easier than I expected, and maybe that will have brought it down a tad, but I basically live off cheese... the idea of giving that up as well fills me with abject horror
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2020, 04:19:43 pm »
I live off cheese but my cholesterol levels are great - I just had to give up the carbs!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #203 on: October 21, 2020, 10:14:57 pm »
The truly important thing is the ratio of LDL to HDL. On any Keto diet total is high but ratio is usually excellent. Do not let them treat just on the global figure.