Author Topic: Cross Training: Running  (Read 162399 times)

Re: Cross Training: Running
« Reply #2000 on: November 18, 2019, 12:57:29 pm »
Even seemingly flat paths often have a slight camber. Here's a run along the Thames Path from Putney to Richmond and back from a few years ago.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1075083351

Scroll down to the Ground Contact Time Balance graph at the bottom (and enlarge it) and you can clearly see the shift across the mid-point when I reach the turnaround point at halfway.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #2001 on: December 09, 2019, 01:58:44 pm »
Got the OK from the phyiso to start running again four and a bit months after doing my ankle.

Suggestion is to do the Couch to 5k to build back up the load on the ankle which should see me doing 5k in one go by late January.

Shall nip out for W1D1 later this afternoon and will try to resist the temptation to do too much.

(It's going to be interesting as it's only a further 9 weeks after the end of the c25k until the London Landmarks Half Marathon which I have a place in. Hmm.)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #2002 on: December 09, 2019, 03:51:07 pm »
I did my furthest ever run on Friday - 24km. I'd managed a good steady fast pace to 22km. The last 2km were a bit shonky, but at least part of that was due to finishing on really crappy terrain (dune slack - not ideal for maintaining good form). Some of it was also thinking mentally of getting to 1/2 marathon distance, so I had a slight mental collapse after that. I felt a bit sore afterwards, but managed a reasonably fast parkrun 5km the following day, so no major ill effects.

The plan is to keep most of the pace on and increase a little bit each month. I might need to do some new routes to keep it interesting. The main problem with that is that 'interesting routes' around here tend to involve a lot of hills.

« Reply #2003 on: December 09, 2019, 06:17:59 pm »
Well done.
I'm building up to a half marathon. Even at 7km my routes are mostly up a hill, varying which one for variety.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk