Author Topic: Rutland Cycling  (Read 2211 times)

Rutland Cycling
« on: April 02, 2012, 11:53:38 am »
They run an online shop, an ebay shop and a real shop.

The ebay shop frequently has bargains.

I ordered a Fenix torch from them last Thursday. Bargain price of £25 + £2.49 delivery (for a torch retailing at £40 elsewhere).

Torch arrive this morning. Must have been despatched on Fri, by recorded delivery. That's good fast service.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Rutland Cycling
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59:37 am »
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 01:07:26 pm »
That's nothing to do with their delivery service or even the shop, just about an automated email system.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 06:26:38 pm »
Ordered some stuff from there last week, but returned it (posted 2nd class on Saturday). Received a refund today. :o That's pretty quick. :thumbsup:

Gruby Mits

• I am in this only for the cake factor
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 11:36:17 am »
2 online orders last month - 1st 1 item incorrect size (gave it away to a friend as hate returning stuff) 2 order not shipped, on requesting why cash was taken but nought sent was told: "sorry we run out" - Miffed complaint, money instantly refunded. Honeymoon is over with this guys!
Been to 2 of theirs shops, nice locations, very show-case factor, some stuff there but notthing to make me turn my back on LBS.
What? Turn left that way?

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 01:11:51 pm »
Placed an online order ~10 days ago for an instock item; still not showing as dispatched.  They said at the time 'still dispatching / 3 day', so things have obviously fallen apart slightly with lockdown - not surprising I suppose.  Cannot contact by phone/or live chat, and left a answer phone message a few days ago but no one got back.

ETA.  ...they've been taking a bit of a recent bashing on TrustPilot.
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 02:33:05 pm »
A good word from me. Had bike collision a couple of years ago whilst cycling around Rutland, this causing deep chainset cuts to my leg. Staff member at RC (their Giant store)  cleaned and dressed my leg very professionally at no charge thereby allowing me time to get home and see duty nurse at my local surgery. Very grateful and most welcome, huge kudos to them.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 05:11:40 pm »
I use Rutland a lot.  I’ve found them excellent.

I know they’re struggling at the moment with Covid19.  They’ve had to close their stores, which has meant the internet trade has gone through the roof. 
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 05:36:41 pm »
I use Rutland a lot.  I’ve found them excellent.

I know they’re struggling at the moment with Covid19.  They’ve had to close their stores, which has meant the internet trade has gone through the roof.

Yep, been very good IME.  I guess though they may need to manage expectations better / revise delivery times etc., though I can see they wouldn't want to just simply put people off online purchasing. 

ETA.  Had an email a couple of days ago, saying item had been dispatched, for tomorrow delivery (so ~2 wks total).   :)
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 09:18:53 am »
Good news.  Most of their stores have reopened.  :thumbsup:
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor