Author Topic: Vatternrundan  (Read 29667 times)

Re: Vatternrundan
« Reply #50 on: 18 June, 2009, 07:47:40 pm »
Makes me quite jealous.

BTW - Just had a cheeky few days in the Pyrenees - are you still on for Canterbury-Lourdes?  If so, we'd have to include Tourmalet/Aspin at the end (or Hautacam at the very least).

L

Martin

« Reply #51 on: 18 June, 2009, 11:33:39 pm »
Makes me quite jealous.

BTW - Just had a cheeky few days in the Pyrenees - are you still on for Canterbury-Lourdes?  If so, we'd have to include Tourmalet/Aspin at the end (or Hautacam at the very least).

yes definitely; the VR trip (857km) has convinced me that post PBP what I really like doing is long rides spread over several days rather than all in one go.

next year is already booked for l'Ariegeoise with my friend who was not up to 300 this year. 2012 for C-L?

Martin

« Reply #52 on: 02 September, 2009, 09:19:53 pm »
bookings for 2010 have just opened; enter early for the best chance of a mostly daylight ride.

those of a lidless persuasion need not apply

« Reply #53 on: 02 September, 2009, 09:38:39 pm »
I'm emphatically not doing it next year but, with luck, will be in 2011.
What I'll do next time:-
  • Enter early
  • Choose an early morning (daylight) start time
  • Get in a peloton and shamelessly draught

I know that I could have gone under 15 hours this year.
With the draughting approach, I think that I could do sub 12 hours.
Unlike Martin though, I don't think that I would end up leading a group  ;)

I came back from this year's ride and thought "Must get a lighter, faster bike."
Still having that thought.............

« Reply #54 on: 29 September, 2009, 03:18:13 pm »
If anyone here is thinking of going, it seemes that Vätternrundan is selling out even faster than last year. They now expect to be sold out by november! :o  "Trade" with entries will be allowed between april 1 and the middle of may, so a small improvement from last year.

Martin

« Reply #55 on: 29 September, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »
+1 to booking early (and also BA flights before they bring in silly bike carriage fees) as the £ is sliding against the SKr and entry is quite a wedge.

oh and book accommodation asap as well... 

« Reply #56 on: 20 October, 2009, 09:42:27 am »
Vätternrundan 2010 is sold out!

It´s supposed to be sunny, 20´C and no wind... 8)

« Reply #57 on: 05 December, 2009, 01:30:38 pm »

"Dear Cyclist!
You have probably heard that the start numbers for Vätternrundan 2010 were sold out in record time.
What is less well known is that our quota for non-Swedish residents was not filled, which means that cyclists living outside Sweden may still register.
Register via this link: Entry
For the registration to work, you must first change the entry number.
1) Fill in the number 340001 in the field to the right of the blue registration number.
2) Click on the box beside " I have read the information. "
3) Press the button Change the entry number. The number 340001 should now be shown in blue.
Then fill in the cyclists information (name, date of birth, etc) and click on Add.
When you have filled in everyone, go the middle of the page, and click on To payment.
Please call us if you have any questions! +46-141-22 32 90
See you in Motala!
Vätternrundan "

« Reply #58 on: 05 December, 2009, 01:35:54 pm »
Cant do 2010, already have it in my diary to book 2011 though :thumbsup:

Martin

« Reply #59 on: 01 June, 2010, 11:25:44 pm »
anyone making the trip this year?

I'll be booking for 2011 as soon as it opens and whilst the entry fee stays at extortionate rather than criminal

« Reply #60 on: 01 September, 2010, 05:41:06 pm »
Bookings for 2011 opened today.
They are expected to sell out in two to three weeks.

Martin

« Reply #61 on: 01 September, 2010, 07:16:13 pm »
Bookings for 2011 opened today.
They are expected to sell out in two to three weeks.

thanks for the reminder;

I'm in  :)

no 02.30 start option on the entry though  :-\  all they offered was 0000-0600

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #62 on: 01 September, 2010, 09:57:31 pm »
Ah, another year perhaps.  I can justify one week-long trip with the bike but two might result in a trip to the family courts. And PBP is quadrennial whereas Vattenrundan is annual.

Of course, if it were a BRM then I might be able to justify it.....
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Martin

« Reply #63 on: 02 September, 2010, 09:54:35 am »
6000 registrations so far according to the website;

can anyone remember how you could change your start time? and how two of you who enter separately can get the same time?

« Reply #64 on: 02 September, 2010, 10:11:43 am »

The start time you get when you book is (roughly) the one that is posted as "aktuell starttid", and starts att 00:00 and moves toward 06:00 as bookings are made so if you want at specific start time either wait for that time or book one now and change it in Motala on friday 17th(?). Costs 100:- sek, I think, and might not get you excactly the time you want as some start groups will be full, but the earlier in the day you get there the better your chances are.

I´ll be aiming for a start around 4:00 which gives me a chance to sleep a little before starting whith the rising sun. :)

(Just seen all this on the english version of the website so please tell me if I should remove the post)

« Reply #65 on: 02 September, 2010, 10:14:55 am »
6000 registrations so far according to the website;

can anyone remember how you could change your start time? and how two of you who enter separately can get the same time?

By using the same "entry number"  you should get the same time

« Reply #66 on: 02 September, 2010, 01:55:27 pm »
I'm in  ;)

Joolz

Martin

« Reply #67 on: 03 September, 2010, 08:18:51 am »

The start time you get when you book is (roughly) the one that is posted as "aktuell starttid", and starts att 00:00 and moves toward 06:00 as bookings are made so if you want at specific start time either wait for that time or book one now and change it in Motala on friday 17th(?). Costs 100:- sek, I think, and might not get you excactly the time you want as some start groups will be full, but the earlier in the day you get there the better your chances are.

I´ll be aiming for a start around 4:00 which gives me a chance to sleep a little before starting whith the rising sun. :)

(Just seen all this on the english version of the website so please tell me if I should remove the post)

Thanks; hadn't realised that, looks like I'm starting about 00.30 in that case;

probably not a vast problem just means a couple more hours riding in the dark or what passes for dark at that time of year; from memory that first section is pretty featurless until you get to the shores of the lake, I assume there will still be the same numbers of riders at whatever time;

so check the weather forecast when I get and decide whether to go for a later start is all I can do now?

also I see the website shows riding directions from Goteborg and specifically says you cannot ride straight up the eastern shore; is this going to be in place for a few days before the start or just the day before?

« Reply #68 on: 03 September, 2010, 09:40:30 am »
The only other option I can think of would be if someone else booking later uses the same "entry number" as you. As I understand it your common starttime will be the one from when the last person using that number books.

About the roads; I´m guessing you mean from Ödeshög to Motala? I've never seen it closed off, only signs recommending you don´t drive there during VR. (No roads are actually closed during VR)
Since the first group leaves Motala at 19:00 on that friday I guess it´s up to you to decide when not to drive that road.
But if by riding you mean riding your bike then definitely go up the eastern shore as the road shown on the website to be ok is the E4 autoroute...

I hope this helps but just to make sure... info@vatternrundan.se  :)

« Reply #69 on: 26 September, 2010, 11:03:20 am »
Martin: I will probably book my start sometime next week. I could use your "entry number" if you´d like and get you a later start. (Somewhere between 2:15 and 3:15 I would guess.)

I´m really holding out for a daylight start (after 2:50) to avoid having to mount lights but I will be starting with my brother and he´s a bit nervous that "daylight starts" will sell out very quickly (Most of the prebookings from cycling clubs are between 3:00 and 5:00) and we won´t get one and we should book now, now, now.  So I guess it depends on how nervous he really gets...

Also I hope I haven´t been to standoffish (spelling?) in my previous posts, english is my second language and my writing is sometimes a more blunt instrument than I would like it to be... I´ll be happy to answer any questions about VR that I can but sometimes official info is better. And although they work in mysterious ways they usually answer e-mails quickly...

Martin

« Reply #70 on: 27 September, 2010, 10:36:08 am »
Martin: I will probably book my start sometime next week. I could use your "entry number" if you´d like and get you a later start. (Somewhere between 2:15 and 3:15 I would guess.)

Thanks; YHPM  :)

« Reply #71 on: 29 September, 2010, 09:23:39 am »
Cool, my first PM... :)   Now let´s see if I can answer it too...
Y(should)HPM

Matt-T

• Oops !
« Reply #72 on: 29 September, 2010, 10:46:11 am »
I'm in too  :)

Martin

« Reply #73 on: 07 October, 2010, 11:10:56 pm »
Joolz and I have now got an 03.30 ish time thanks to Felix  :thumbsup:

will try and catch you up Matt-T  :)